Jul 3, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
UPDATE: It seems I was reading that tweet wrong. Apparently the data MLB is tweeting there is that Lucroy has merely gotten 24% more votes than Molina in the last 24 hours, not that he has passed him overall. Alas. Stand down, Cardinals Nation. Your guy is still probably going to start the All-Star Game.
— MLB (@MLB) July 3, 2014
Which, given that Lucroy has basically put up an MVP season this year is definitely a cool thing. Cardinals fans may hate it — oh, God, I expect them to be vocal and humorless about hating it — but production matters at some point.
Or, was it the negative ads? Because those work in politics, so why not other forms of voting?
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 42
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 56
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 13
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)