Jul 3, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
UPDATE: It seems I was reading that tweet wrong. Apparently the data MLB is tweeting there is that Lucroy has merely gotten 24% more votes than Molina in the last 24 hours, not that he has passed him overall. Alas. Stand down, Cardinals Nation. Your guy is still probably going to start the All-Star Game.
— MLB (@MLB) July 3, 2014
Which, given that Lucroy has basically put up an MVP season this year is definitely a cool thing. Cardinals fans may hate it — oh, God, I expect them to be vocal and humorless about hating it — but production matters at some point.
Or, was it the negative ads? Because those work in politics, so why not other forms of voting?
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)