Jul 3, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
UPDATE: It seems I was reading that tweet wrong. Apparently the data MLB is tweeting there is that Lucroy has merely gotten 24% more votes than Molina in the last 24 hours, not that he has passed him overall. Alas. Stand down, Cardinals Nation. Your guy is still probably going to start the All-Star Game.
— MLB (@MLB) July 3, 2014
Which, given that Lucroy has basically put up an MVP season this year is definitely a cool thing. Cardinals fans may hate it — oh, God, I expect them to be vocal and humorless about hating it — but production matters at some point.
Or, was it the negative ads? Because those work in politics, so why not other forms of voting?
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (112)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)