Jul 3, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
UPDATE: It seems I was reading that tweet wrong. Apparently the data MLB is tweeting there is that Lucroy has merely gotten 24% more votes than Molina in the last 24 hours, not that he has passed him overall. Alas. Stand down, Cardinals Nation. Your guy is still probably going to start the All-Star Game.
— MLB (@MLB) July 3, 2014
Which, given that Lucroy has basically put up an MVP season this year is definitely a cool thing. Cardinals fans may hate it — oh, God, I expect them to be vocal and humorless about hating it — but production matters at some point.
Or, was it the negative ads? Because those work in politics, so why not other forms of voting?
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)