Jul 3, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
UPDATE: It seems I was reading that tweet wrong. Apparently the data MLB is tweeting there is that Lucroy has merely gotten 24% more votes than Molina in the last 24 hours, not that he has passed him overall. Alas. Stand down, Cardinals Nation. Your guy is still probably going to start the All-Star Game.
— MLB (@MLB) July 3, 2014
Which, given that Lucroy has basically put up an MVP season this year is definitely a cool thing. Cardinals fans may hate it — oh, God, I expect them to be vocal and humorless about hating it — but production matters at some point.
Or, was it the negative ads? Because those work in politics, so why not other forms of voting?
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (134)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)