Jul 3, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
The Tigers’ lineup is at full strength once again, as Victor Martinez is back in his usual designated hitter spot for tonight’s game against the Rays.
Martinez missed the entire series against the Athletics this week due to soreness in his rib cage area, but his absence was considered precautionary. The Tigers managed to win all three games without him.
Martinez is currently enjoying the best season of his career at the age of 35. He ranks second in the American League in OPS (.974), third in batting average (.323), and fourth in home runs (20) and slugging percentage (.589).
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 41
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 22
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 41
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)