Jul 3, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
The Tigers’ lineup is at full strength once again, as Victor Martinez is back in his usual designated hitter spot for tonight’s game against the Rays.
Martinez missed the entire series against the Athletics this week due to soreness in his rib cage area, but his absence was considered precautionary. The Tigers managed to win all three games without him.
Martinez is currently enjoying the best season of his career at the age of 35. He ranks second in the American League in OPS (.974), third in batting average (.323), and fourth in home runs (20) and slugging percentage (.589).
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 1
- Mike Minor loses his no-hit bid with two outs in the eighth 5
- Manny Machado to undergo season-ending knee surgery 32
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 236
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 96
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 31
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (237)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (86)