Jul 3, 2014, 7:01 PM EDT
The Tigers’ lineup is at full strength once again, as Victor Martinez is back in his usual designated hitter spot for tonight’s game against the Rays.
Martinez missed the entire series against the Athletics this week due to soreness in his rib cage area, but his absence was considered precautionary. The Tigers managed to win all three games without him.
Martinez is currently enjoying the best season of his career at the age of 35. He ranks second in the American League in OPS (.974), third in batting average (.323), and fourth in home runs (20) and slugging percentage (.589).
- Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 10
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 11
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)