Jul 3, 2014, 7:01 PM EST
The Tigers’ lineup is at full strength once again, as Victor Martinez is back in his usual designated hitter spot for tonight’s game against the Rays.
Martinez missed the entire series against the Athletics this week due to soreness in his rib cage area, but his absence was considered precautionary. The Tigers managed to win all three games without him.
Martinez is currently enjoying the best season of his career at the age of 35. He ranks second in the American League in OPS (.974), third in batting average (.323), and fourth in home runs (20) and slugging percentage (.589).
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 14
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 59
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)