Jul 3, 2014, 8:43 PM EDT
Good news for the Orioles, bad news for the Mets.
Yu Darvish was scheduled to start tonight against the Orioles, but with bad weather in the forecast in Baltimore, the Rangers decided to scratch him at the last minute and go with Scott Baker instead. Now Darvish is scheduled to start the series opener against the Mets tomorrow at Citi Field.
While Darvish will only be pushed back one day, the move has some ramifications for the upcoming All-Star Game. He previously lined up to start the Sunday before the All-Star break, which essentially would have removed him from consideration to pitch in the 85th midsummer classic. However, he could now be available to pitch. And that’s cool. So thanks, rain.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 2
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 50
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 34
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)