Jul 3, 2014, 8:43 PM EST
Good news for the Orioles, bad news for the Mets.
Yu Darvish was scheduled to start tonight against the Orioles, but with bad weather in the forecast in Baltimore, the Rangers decided to scratch him at the last minute and go with Scott Baker instead. Now Darvish is scheduled to start the series opener against the Mets tomorrow at Citi Field.
While Darvish will only be pushed back one day, the move has some ramifications for the upcoming All-Star Game. He previously lined up to start the Sunday before the All-Star break, which essentially would have removed him from consideration to pitch in the 85th midsummer classic. However, he could now be available to pitch. And that’s cool. So thanks, rain.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 15
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 142
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 25
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 38
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)