Jul 3, 2014, 8:43 PM EDT
Good news for the Orioles, bad news for the Mets.
Yu Darvish was scheduled to start tonight against the Orioles, but with bad weather in the forecast in Baltimore, the Rangers decided to scratch him at the last minute and go with Scott Baker instead. Now Darvish is scheduled to start the series opener against the Mets tomorrow at Citi Field.
While Darvish will only be pushed back one day, the move has some ramifications for the upcoming All-Star Game. He previously lined up to start the Sunday before the All-Star break, which essentially would have removed him from consideration to pitch in the 85th midsummer classic. However, he could now be available to pitch. And that’s cool. So thanks, rain.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)