Jul 3, 2014, 8:43 PM EST
Good news for the Orioles, bad news for the Mets.
Yu Darvish was scheduled to start tonight against the Orioles, but with bad weather in the forecast in Baltimore, the Rangers decided to scratch him at the last minute and go with Scott Baker instead. Now Darvish is scheduled to start the series opener against the Mets tomorrow at Citi Field.
While Darvish will only be pushed back one day, the move has some ramifications for the upcoming All-Star Game. He previously lined up to start the Sunday before the All-Star break, which essentially would have removed him from consideration to pitch in the 85th midsummer classic. However, he could now be available to pitch. And that’s cool. So thanks, rain.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (284)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)