Jul 4, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy says he doesn’t expect outfielder Angel Pagan to return until after the All-Star break, Alex Pavlovic of the Mercury News reports. Pagan is currently on the 15-day disabled list due to a bulging disk in his lower back.
The Giants were hoping Pagan would return on Tuesday, but he experienced a setback and received an epidural injection yesterday.
Pagan, 33, hasn’t played since June 14. Before landing on the disabled list, he was slashing .307/.356/.411 with three home runs, 19 RBI, and 11 stolen bases.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (83)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (80)
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. (76)