Jul 4, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
Giants manager Bruce Bochy says he doesn’t expect outfielder Angel Pagan to return until after the All-Star break, Alex Pavlovic of the Mercury News reports. Pagan is currently on the 15-day disabled list due to a bulging disk in his lower back.
The Giants were hoping Pagan would return on Tuesday, but he experienced a setback and received an epidural injection yesterday.
Pagan, 33, hasn’t played since June 14. Before landing on the disabled list, he was slashing .307/.356/.411 with three home runs, 19 RBI, and 11 stolen bases.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 137
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 31
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 36
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (148)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)