Jul 4, 2014, 8:50 PM EST
Giants manager Bruce Bochy says he doesn’t expect outfielder Angel Pagan to return until after the All-Star break, Alex Pavlovic of the Mercury News reports. Pagan is currently on the 15-day disabled list due to a bulging disk in his lower back.
The Giants were hoping Pagan would return on Tuesday, but he experienced a setback and received an epidural injection yesterday.
Pagan, 33, hasn’t played since June 14. Before landing on the disabled list, he was slashing .307/.356/.411 with three home runs, 19 RBI, and 11 stolen bases.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (295)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)