Jul 4, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy says he doesn’t expect outfielder Angel Pagan to return until after the All-Star break, Alex Pavlovic of the Mercury News reports. Pagan is currently on the 15-day disabled list due to a bulging disk in his lower back.
The Giants were hoping Pagan would return on Tuesday, but he experienced a setback and received an epidural injection yesterday.
Pagan, 33, hasn’t played since June 14. Before landing on the disabled list, he was slashing .307/.356/.411 with three home runs, 19 RBI, and 11 stolen bases.
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 0
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 8
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 28
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 45
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)