Jul 4, 2014, 8:50 PM EDT
Giants manager Bruce Bochy says he doesn’t expect outfielder Angel Pagan to return until after the All-Star break, Alex Pavlovic of the Mercury News reports. Pagan is currently on the 15-day disabled list due to a bulging disk in his lower back.
The Giants were hoping Pagan would return on Tuesday, but he experienced a setback and received an epidural injection yesterday.
Pagan, 33, hasn’t played since June 14. Before landing on the disabled list, he was slashing .307/.356/.411 with three home runs, 19 RBI, and 11 stolen bases.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (247)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)