Jul 4, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Carl Crawford will begin a minor league rehab assignment with Triple-A Albuquerque on Saturday, Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times reports. Crawford has been out since May 28 with a sprained left ankle.
Crawford’s recovery from his injury has been very slow, as manager Don Mattingly referred to it as a “plateau” several weeks ago. But if his rehab games go well, he could return to the Dodgers before the All-Star break.
The 32-year-old veteran is slashing .267/.293/.400 with four home runs, 18 RBI, and nine stolen bases in 157 plate appearances on the season.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 6
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 295
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (299)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)