Jul 4, 2014, 11:05 PM EST
Carl Crawford will begin a minor league rehab assignment with Triple-A Albuquerque on Saturday, Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times reports. Crawford has been out since May 28 with a sprained left ankle.
Crawford’s recovery from his injury has been very slow, as manager Don Mattingly referred to it as a “plateau” several weeks ago. But if his rehab games go well, he could return to the Dodgers before the All-Star break.
The 32-year-old veteran is slashing .267/.293/.400 with four home runs, 18 RBI, and nine stolen bases in 157 plate appearances on the season.
- Report: Starlin Castro detained in connection with shooting in Dominican Republic 3
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 24
- Curt Schilling goes after Obama, says Ronald Reagan would watch “The Interview” (243)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (86)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)