Jul 4, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Carl Crawford will begin a minor league rehab assignment with Triple-A Albuquerque on Saturday, Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times reports. Crawford has been out since May 28 with a sprained left ankle.
Crawford’s recovery from his injury has been very slow, as manager Don Mattingly referred to it as a “plateau” several weeks ago. But if his rehab games go well, he could return to the Dodgers before the All-Star break.
The 32-year-old veteran is slashing .267/.293/.400 with four home runs, 18 RBI, and nine stolen bases in 157 plate appearances on the season.
- Andrew Friedman got $35 million to leave the Rays for the Dodgers … and he might be underpaid 0
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays 43
- World Series Reset: On to AT&T Park 11
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 97
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 37
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 43
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? (97)