Jul 4, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Carl Crawford will begin a minor league rehab assignment with Triple-A Albuquerque on Saturday, Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times reports. Crawford has been out since May 28 with a sprained left ankle.
Crawford’s recovery from his injury has been very slow, as manager Don Mattingly referred to it as a “plateau” several weeks ago. But if his rehab games go well, he could return to the Dodgers before the All-Star break.
The 32-year-old veteran is slashing .267/.293/.400 with four home runs, 18 RBI, and nine stolen bases in 157 plate appearances on the season.
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 2
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 55
- Breaking: The Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 99
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 70
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 78
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 76
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 74
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)