Jul 4, 2014, 11:05 PM EDT
Carl Crawford will begin a minor league rehab assignment with Triple-A Albuquerque on Saturday, Dylan Hernandez of the L.A. Times reports. Crawford has been out since May 28 with a sprained left ankle.
Crawford’s recovery from his injury has been very slow, as manager Don Mattingly referred to it as a “plateau” several weeks ago. But if his rehab games go well, he could return to the Dodgers before the All-Star break.
The 32-year-old veteran is slashing .267/.293/.400 with four home runs, 18 RBI, and nine stolen bases in 157 plate appearances on the season.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (124)