Jul 4, 2014, 3:39 PM EDT
Earlier this week the Mets indicated that the plan was for third baseman David Wright to return from his shoulder injury Friday, but he remains out of the lineup for today’s game against the Rangers.
That means the Mets will have essentially played with a 24-man roster for a week in the hopes of Wright avoiding the disabled list and a required two-week absence, so this could mean he’ll wind up on the shelf anyway.
Eric Campbell continues to fill in at third base for Wright, who had a 10-game hitting streak before being shut down with a bruised left rotator cuff.
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 8
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 8
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 6
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 22
- World Series Reset: The Royals look to pick themselves up off the mat 8
- Royals’ World Series hopes in Yordano Ventura’s hands 7
- Giants stomp Royals 7-1 in World Series Game 1 rout 34
- World Series, Game 1: Giants vs. Royals lineups 0
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (120)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Must-click link: surviving spring training on $0 a day (82)