Jul 4, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
Bruce Bochy one again has the full panoply of Brandons at his disposal.
The Giants have activated first baseman Brandon Belt from the 15-day disabled list. He had been out since early May with a fractured thumb, but after a .520/.571/1.000 line in seven rehab games, it’s safe to say he’s ready for action.
Belt was hitting .264/.317/.504 with nine nine homers and 18 RBI n 35 games when he went down. The Giants, who are reeling, have to be happy to have him back.
- Video: Jake Arrieta strikes out Chase Utley to complete his no-hitter 3
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 19
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 9
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 55
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)