Jul 4, 2014, 12:10 PM EST
Bruce Bochy one again has the full panoply of Brandons at his disposal.
The Giants have activated first baseman Brandon Belt from the 15-day disabled list. He had been out since early May with a fractured thumb, but after a .520/.571/1.000 line in seven rehab games, it’s safe to say he’s ready for action.
Belt was hitting .264/.317/.504 with nine nine homers and 18 RBI n 35 games when he went down. The Giants, who are reeling, have to be happy to have him back.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)