Jul 4, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
Bruce Bochy one again has the full panoply of Brandons at his disposal.
The Giants have activated first baseman Brandon Belt from the 15-day disabled list. He had been out since early May with a fractured thumb, but after a .520/.571/1.000 line in seven rehab games, it’s safe to say he’s ready for action.
Belt was hitting .264/.317/.504 with nine nine homers and 18 RBI n 35 games when he went down. The Giants, who are reeling, have to be happy to have him back.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)