Jul 4, 2014, 12:10 PM EDT
Bruce Bochy one again has the full panoply of Brandons at his disposal.
The Giants have activated first baseman Brandon Belt from the 15-day disabled list. He had been out since early May with a fractured thumb, but after a .520/.571/1.000 line in seven rehab games, it’s safe to say he’s ready for action.
Belt was hitting .264/.317/.504 with nine nine homers and 18 RBI n 35 games when he went down. The Giants, who are reeling, have to be happy to have him back.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)