Zack Greinke helped the Dodgers starting pitchers set a record yesterday

Jul 4, 2014, 10:00 AM EDT

Zack Greinke AP

Fun from the Elias Sports Bureau: yesterday Zack Greinke walked two guys. That broke a record, as it was the 37th consecutive game n which a Dodgers starting pitcher allowed two walks or fewer. The previous record was held by the  2005 Twins.

No, it’s not exactly one of those “I’ll always remember where I was when that record was set” records, but it’s pretty cool anyway. As is the fact that Dodgers starters have 488 strikeouts this season to only 122 walks. That’s a K/BB ratio of 4.00, which is far and away the best among all rotations in the bigs.

1. patshal - Jul 4, 2014 at 10:26 AM

Hate the Dodgers so much. Hate Crawford, Gonzalez, and Beckett. Whatever team they are on, I will hate. You can tell I’m a Red Sox fan. What a horrible season. But I believe we can turn it around though

• aresachaela - Jul 4, 2014 at 10:48 AM

Oh my…

• elpendejo59 - Jul 4, 2014 at 10:53 AM

Relax dude. You won the series last year. I can’t think of one other team’s fanbase that can say that. Had my team won it all last year, I would gladly take a down season the year after.

• mazblast - Jul 4, 2014 at 4:22 PM

Indeed. You’ve won one more recently than your arch-rivals, you’ve won three in the last decade. My team hasn’t won one in over 30 years, and some teams’ fans root for a team that hasn’t won even one in the last 50 years–or the last hundred-plus. Or ever.

You have to put these things in perspective.

• carpi2 - Jul 4, 2014 at 1:09 PM

Must be a ‘Sox fan, completely delusional.

• chinahand11 - Jul 4, 2014 at 1:40 PM

Easy up there, patshal buddy, lemme pour you a cold one. I’m a Red Sox (o blessed gods of baseball) fan too. I do not wish evil upon those young men you mentioned, it is the nature of the beast that guys move around. That line-up and staff of the Dodgers could be a monster team for a few years running, if they truly click. I would like to see our teams meet in the WS.

And carpi2, I am Not completely delusional. Just a little.

2. kingscourt25 - Jul 4, 2014 at 10:51 AM

That pitching staff is doing God’s work

3. spence24 - Jul 4, 2014 at 11:51 AM

They also have the best rotation in baseball so that’s no surprise

4. carpi2 - Jul 4, 2014 at 1:12 PM

Imagine how much better the Dodgers rotation is going to be when they swoop in and snag Samardzija in a few weeks. I believe that ownership group is going to pull-out all the stops this year.

• chinahand11 - Jul 4, 2014 at 1:41 PM

They should grab Samardzija. That team can be a juggernaut.

5. apkyletexas - Jul 4, 2014 at 2:41 PM

Wonder why they have a losing record at home.

Three legends off to Cooperstown