Jul 5, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
The Blue Jays have claimed outfielder Cole Gillespie off of waivers from the Mariners, Sportsnet’s Shi Davidi reports. Gillespie was designated for assignment by the Mariners on Friday. To make room on the roster for Gillespie, the Jays have designated outfielder Kenny Wilson for assignment.
Gillespie, 30, slashed .254/.312/.324 with one home run and five RBI in 78 plate appearances in the big leagues with the Mariners this season. He started the season with Triple-A Tacoma and posted great numbers over his first 16 games, which earned him the call-up to the majors.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 53
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 29
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 8
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (105)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)