Jul 5, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
The Blue Jays have claimed outfielder Cole Gillespie off of waivers from the Mariners, Sportsnet’s Shi Davidi reports. Gillespie was designated for assignment by the Mariners on Friday. To make room on the roster for Gillespie, the Jays have designated outfielder Kenny Wilson for assignment.
Gillespie, 30, slashed .254/.312/.324 with one home run and five RBI in 78 plate appearances in the big leagues with the Mariners this season. He started the season with Triple-A Tacoma and posted great numbers over his first 16 games, which earned him the call-up to the majors.
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 0
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 8
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 28
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 19
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 13
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 42
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 45
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (188)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)