Jul 5, 2014, 11:30 PM EDT
The Blue Jays have claimed outfielder Cole Gillespie off of waivers from the Mariners, Sportsnet’s Shi Davidi reports. Gillespie was designated for assignment by the Mariners on Friday. To make room on the roster for Gillespie, the Jays have designated outfielder Kenny Wilson for assignment.
Gillespie, 30, slashed .254/.312/.324 with one home run and five RBI in 78 plate appearances in the big leagues with the Mariners this season. He started the season with Triple-A Tacoma and posted great numbers over his first 16 games, which earned him the call-up to the majors.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 19
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 9
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)