Jul 5, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
Brian McCann was a late scratch from this afternoon’s game against the Twins due to a sore left foot. Sweeny Murti of WFAN.com passes along word that X-rays came back negative and he’s considered day-to-day.
McCann has been dealing with the foot issue for a couple of days now and was given the day off yesterday. The hope was that he would be ready to play today, but the Yankees will give him some more time to heal.
Signed to a five-year, $85 million contract over the winter, McCann recently described his first half-season with the Yankees as “horrible.” It’s hard to argue with him, as he’s hitting .224 with a .656 OPS over 78 games. Oddly enough, the foot issue surfaced after he began taking extra batting practice to get on track offensively.
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 1
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 92
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (110)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (92)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)