Jul 5, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
Brian McCann was a late scratch from this afternoon’s game against the Twins due to a sore left foot. Sweeny Murti of WFAN.com passes along word that X-rays came back negative and he’s considered day-to-day.
McCann has been dealing with the foot issue for a couple of days now and was given the day off yesterday. The hope was that he would be ready to play today, but the Yankees will give him some more time to heal.
Signed to a five-year, $85 million contract over the winter, McCann recently described his first half-season with the Yankees as “horrible.” It’s hard to argue with him, as he’s hitting .224 with a .656 OPS over 78 games. Oddly enough, the foot issue surfaced after he began taking extra batting practice to get on track offensively.
- Playoff Reset: Both AL Division Series Get Underway 14
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 15
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 52
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (82)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)