Jul 5, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
Brian McCann was a late scratch from this afternoon’s game against the Twins due to a sore left foot. Sweeny Murti of WFAN.com passes along word that X-rays came back negative and he’s considered day-to-day.
McCann has been dealing with the foot issue for a couple of days now and was given the day off yesterday. The hope was that he would be ready to play today, but the Yankees will give him some more time to heal.
Signed to a five-year, $85 million contract over the winter, McCann recently described his first half-season with the Yankees as “horrible.” It’s hard to argue with him, as he’s hitting .224 with a .656 OPS over 78 games. Oddly enough, the foot issue surfaced after he began taking extra batting practice to get on track offensively.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 27
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 38
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 49
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 137
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 89
- The Lester trade is a win-win 113
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- Tampa Bay news station tweets classless Detroit joke following David Price trade (122)