Jul 5, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
Brian McCann was a late scratch from this afternoon’s game against the Twins due to a sore left foot. Sweeny Murti of WFAN.com passes along word that X-rays came back negative and he’s considered day-to-day.
McCann has been dealing with the foot issue for a couple of days now and was given the day off yesterday. The hope was that he would be ready to play today, but the Yankees will give him some more time to heal.
Signed to a five-year, $85 million contract over the winter, McCann recently described his first half-season with the Yankees as “horrible.” It’s hard to argue with him, as he’s hitting .224 with a .656 OPS over 78 games. Oddly enough, the foot issue surfaced after he began taking extra batting practice to get on track offensively.
- “Final Vote” balloting opens for 2015 MLB All-Star Game 18
- Pitchers and reserves for 2015 MLB All-Star Game announced 49
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 103
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 10
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 20
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (103)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)