Jul 5, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun exited Saturday’s game against the Reds in the second inning due to back spasms, MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports. Braun struck out in his only at-bat. Logan Schafer replaced him in right field to begin the bottom of the second. Braun is considered day-to-day at the moment.
It’s been an injury-plagued season for Braun, as he has been battling an inflamed nerve in his right thumb all season and he went on the 15-day disabled list at the end of April with an oblique injury. Nevertheless, he has still managed to be productive, slashing .289/.341/.509 with 11 home runs, 49 RBI, and eight stolen bases.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (125)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)