Jul 5, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun exited Saturday’s game against the Reds in the second inning due to back spasms, MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports. Braun struck out in his only at-bat. Logan Schafer replaced him in right field to begin the bottom of the second. Braun is considered day-to-day at the moment.
It’s been an injury-plagued season for Braun, as he has been battling an inflamed nerve in his right thumb all season and he went on the 15-day disabled list at the end of April with an oblique injury. Nevertheless, he has still managed to be productive, slashing .289/.341/.509 with 11 home runs, 49 RBI, and eight stolen bases.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (250)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)