Jul 5, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun exited Saturday’s game against the Reds in the second inning due to back spasms, MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports. Braun struck out in his only at-bat. Logan Schafer replaced him in right field to begin the bottom of the second. Braun is considered day-to-day at the moment.
It’s been an injury-plagued season for Braun, as he has been battling an inflamed nerve in his right thumb all season and he went on the 15-day disabled list at the end of April with an oblique injury. Nevertheless, he has still managed to be productive, slashing .289/.341/.509 with 11 home runs, 49 RBI, and eight stolen bases.
- Video: Joey Gallo goes way deep in second MLB at-bat 3
- Video: Joey Gallo’s first career plate appearance in the major leagues results in two runs scoring 7
- Scott Kazmir cleared to return to A’s rotation Friday 0
- Bryce Harper continues to lead N.L All-Star voting; Buster Posey passes Yadier Molina 19
- Rob Manfred expects there to be spring training games in Cuba next year 13
- Stephen Strasburg has a left trapezius strain 19
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 106
- Rangers call up power-hitting top prospect Joey Gallo 12
- Stan Hack didn’t hack and other inappropriate baseball names (172)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (150)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (133)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (106)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)