Jul 5, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun exited Saturday’s game against the Reds in the second inning due to back spasms, MLB.com’s Adam McCalvy reports. Braun struck out in his only at-bat. Logan Schafer replaced him in right field to begin the bottom of the second. Braun is considered day-to-day at the moment.
It’s been an injury-plagued season for Braun, as he has been battling an inflamed nerve in his right thumb all season and he went on the 15-day disabled list at the end of April with an oblique injury. Nevertheless, he has still managed to be productive, slashing .289/.341/.509 with 11 home runs, 49 RBI, and eight stolen bases.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 2
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 177
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (178)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)