Jul 5, 2014, 10:42 AM EDT
Mike Trout powered the Angels to a 7-6 comeback victory over the Astros last night with a walk-off solo homer in the bottom of the ninth inning. Check out his heroics below:
That pitch was what, maybe a foot above the ground? Just look at where the catcher was set up. But Trout is one of the best low-ball hitters in the game for a reason. Perhaps it’s time word gets out about that.
This was the second walk-off homer of Trout’s career. Both have been this season. He’s now up to 20 home runs and 63 RBI on the year to go along with a fantastic .313/.406/.616 batting line. His 1.022 OPS leads the American League. Hey, remember when he was “struggling” earlier this season? Yeah, me neither.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 81
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)