Jul 6, 2014, 2:57 PM EDT
From MASN’s Roch Kubatko comes word that the Blue Jays have claimed outfielder Nolan Reimold off waivers from the Orioles. Reimold was designated for assignment by Baltimore last week after his 20-day minor league rehab assignment window closed.
The 30-year-old has appeared in just 56 games at the major league level since the beginning of the 2012 season due to a chronic neck injury, but he batted .279/.365/.466 with 15 home runs and 45 RBI in 104 games as a rookie in 2009 and the Jays will hope that he can finally stay healthy. Reimold can serve as a backup corner outfielder and right-handed bench bat for Toronto.
He was a second-round pick in the 2005 MLB Amateur Draft out of Bowling Green State University.
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 0
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 8
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 30
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 21
- HBT Daily: A’s vs. Royals. Jon Lester vs. Big Game James. WHO YA GOT?! 12
- Playoff Reset: The American League Wild Card Game 21
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)