Jul 6, 2014, 2:57 PM EST
From MASN’s Roch Kubatko comes word that the Blue Jays have claimed outfielder Nolan Reimold off waivers from the Orioles. Reimold was designated for assignment by Baltimore last week after his 20-day minor league rehab assignment window closed.
The 30-year-old has appeared in just 56 games at the major league level since the beginning of the 2012 season due to a chronic neck injury, but he batted .279/.365/.466 with 15 home runs and 45 RBI in 104 games as a rookie in 2009 and the Jays will hope that he can finally stay healthy. Reimold can serve as a backup corner outfielder and right-handed bench bat for Toronto.
He was a second-round pick in the 2005 MLB Amateur Draft out of Bowling Green State University.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 22
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 26
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 374
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (374)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (94)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)