Jul 6, 2014, 2:57 PM EDT
From MASN’s Roch Kubatko comes word that the Blue Jays have claimed outfielder Nolan Reimold off waivers from the Orioles. Reimold was designated for assignment by Baltimore last week after his 20-day minor league rehab assignment window closed.
The 30-year-old has appeared in just 56 games at the major league level since the beginning of the 2012 season due to a chronic neck injury, but he batted .279/.365/.466 with 15 home runs and 45 RBI in 104 games as a rookie in 2009 and the Jays will hope that he can finally stay healthy. Reimold can serve as a backup corner outfielder and right-handed bench bat for Toronto.
He was a second-round pick in the 2005 MLB Amateur Draft out of Bowling Green State University.
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 12
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 12
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (105)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)