Jul 6, 2014, 2:57 PM EDT
From MASN’s Roch Kubatko comes word that the Blue Jays have claimed outfielder Nolan Reimold off waivers from the Orioles. Reimold was designated for assignment by Baltimore last week after his 20-day minor league rehab assignment window closed.
The 30-year-old has appeared in just 56 games at the major league level since the beginning of the 2012 season due to a chronic neck injury, but he batted .279/.365/.466 with 15 home runs and 45 RBI in 104 games as a rookie in 2009 and the Jays will hope that he can finally stay healthy. Reimold can serve as a backup corner outfielder and right-handed bench bat for Toronto.
He was a second-round pick in the 2005 MLB Amateur Draft out of Bowling Green State University.
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 0
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 18
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 86
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 56
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (86)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)