Jul 6, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Via Jordan Bastian, the Indians beat reporter for MLB.com …
Bourn (hamstring) to 15-day DL. OF Tyler Holt up from Triple-A. Bourn scheduled for MRI later today.
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) July 6, 2014
It’s a left hamstring strain — the same muscle that he had surgically-repaired last season and the one that sent him to the disabled list at the end of spring training this season. Bourn, who’s batting just .267/.316/.379 this year with only seven stolen bases in 10 attempts, could very well be on the shelf until August.
Jason Kipnis is batting leadoff for the Tribe in Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Royals.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8