Jul 6, 2014, 12:13 PM EST
Via Jordan Bastian, the Indians beat reporter for MLB.com …
Bourn (hamstring) to 15-day DL. OF Tyler Holt up from Triple-A. Bourn scheduled for MRI later today.
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) July 6, 2014
It’s a left hamstring strain — the same muscle that he had surgically-repaired last season and the one that sent him to the disabled list at the end of spring training this season. Bourn, who’s batting just .267/.316/.379 this year with only seven stolen bases in 10 attempts, could very well be on the shelf until August.
Jason Kipnis is batting leadoff for the Tribe in Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Royals.
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 25
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 30
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 94
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)