Jul 6, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Via Jordan Bastian, the Indians beat reporter for MLB.com …
Bourn (hamstring) to 15-day DL. OF Tyler Holt up from Triple-A. Bourn scheduled for MRI later today.
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) July 6, 2014
It’s a left hamstring strain — the same muscle that he had surgically-repaired last season and the one that sent him to the disabled list at the end of spring training this season. Bourn, who’s batting just .267/.316/.379 this year with only seven stolen bases in 10 attempts, could very well be on the shelf until August.
Jason Kipnis is batting leadoff for the Tribe in Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Royals.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69