Jul 6, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Via Jordan Bastian, the Indians beat reporter for MLB.com …
Bourn (hamstring) to 15-day DL. OF Tyler Holt up from Triple-A. Bourn scheduled for MRI later today.
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) July 6, 2014
It’s a left hamstring strain — the same muscle that he had surgically-repaired last season and the one that sent him to the disabled list at the end of spring training this season. Bourn, who’s batting just .267/.316/.379 this year with only seven stolen bases in 10 attempts, could very well be on the shelf until August.
Jason Kipnis is batting leadoff for the Tribe in Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Royals.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 171
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 70
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 37
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (172)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)