Jul 6, 2014, 12:13 PM EDT
Via Jordan Bastian, the Indians beat reporter for MLB.com …
Bourn (hamstring) to 15-day DL. OF Tyler Holt up from Triple-A. Bourn scheduled for MRI later today.
— Jordan Bastian (@MLBastian) July 6, 2014
It’s a left hamstring strain — the same muscle that he had surgically-repaired last season and the one that sent him to the disabled list at the end of spring training this season. Bourn, who’s batting just .267/.316/.379 this year with only seven stolen bases in 10 attempts, could very well be on the shelf until August.
Jason Kipnis is batting leadoff for the Tribe in Sunday afternoon’s series finale against the Royals.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- Cliff Lee placed on DL with recurrence of flexor pronator strain 19
- Winners and losers at the trade deadline 25
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 48
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 136
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 88
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 165
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Jon Lester, Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (165)
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers (137)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (126)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)