Jul 6, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports is hearing that Reds first baseman Joey Votto is expected to return to the 15-day disabled list with a strained left quad. It’s the same injury that forced Votto to the disabled list for 25 days between May 16 and June 10.
Votto has been slumping at the plate, posting a .587 OPS with no home runs dating back to June 20. The 30-year-old, who has led the league in on-base percentage in each of the last four seasons, is having the worst offensive season of his career, slashing .255/.390/.409 with six home runs and 23 RBI.
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 6
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 41
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)