Jul 6, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports is hearing that Reds first baseman Joey Votto is expected to return to the 15-day disabled list with a strained left quad. It’s the same injury that forced Votto to the disabled list for 25 days between May 16 and June 10.
Votto has been slumping at the plate, posting a .587 OPS with no home runs dating back to June 20. The 30-year-old, who has led the league in on-base percentage in each of the last four seasons, is having the worst offensive season of his career, slashing .255/.390/.409 with six home runs and 23 RBI.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 23
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)