Jul 6, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports is hearing that Reds first baseman Joey Votto is expected to return to the 15-day disabled list with a strained left quad. It’s the same injury that forced Votto to the disabled list for 25 days between May 16 and June 10.
Votto has been slumping at the plate, posting a .587 OPS with no home runs dating back to June 20. The 30-year-old, who has led the league in on-base percentage in each of the last four seasons, is having the worst offensive season of his career, slashing .255/.390/.409 with six home runs and 23 RBI.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)