Jul 6, 2014, 10:14 AM EDT
A majestic go-ahead homer against an Astros reliever? Looks kind of familiar, doesn’t it?
The Angels went on to win the game 11-5 and are now 14 games above .500 with a grip on the top American League Wild Card spot. Pujols tied Mel Ott for 23rd on the all-time home run list with that two-run shot.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 12
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring 97
- Yankees GM Brian Cashman acknowledges team won’t pay A-Rod $6 million bonus for 660th home run 64
- Willie Mays congratulates Alex Rodriguez for reaching 660 career home runs 31
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 38
- Ryan Hanigan needs surgery, so the Red Sox will call up prospect Blake Swihart 15
- Royals’ bullpen blows no-hit bid in the eighth inning against the Tigers 7
- Alex Rodriguez hits a pinch-hit home run to tie Willie Mays at 660 home runs 93
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (362)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (201)
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore (162)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)