Jul 7, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
When the Reds designated him for assignment Bernadina opted for free agency rather than accepting a demotion to Triple-A, but his deal with the Dodgers is a minor-league contract as well.
Bernadina has hit just .175 in 156 games since the beginning of last season, including .156 in very limited playing time for the Reds this year, but prior to 2013 he was a solid backup outfielder. He hasn’t played in the minors since 2011, but now Bernadina is headed to Triple-A at age 30.
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)