Jul 7, 2014, 2:14 PM EDT
When the Reds designated him for assignment Bernadina opted for free agency rather than accepting a demotion to Triple-A, but his deal with the Dodgers is a minor-league contract as well.
Bernadina has hit just .175 in 156 games since the beginning of last season, including .156 in very limited playing time for the Reds this year, but prior to 2013 he was a solid backup outfielder. He hasn’t played in the minors since 2011, but now Bernadina is headed to Triple-A at age 30.
- Rangers snap Astros’ 10-game winning streak 0
- UPDATE: Hanley Ramirez exits game with a left shoulder sprain 15
- Nelson Cruz, Adrian Gonzalez named Players of the Month 13
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 94
- Report: Brewers hire Craig Counsell to replace Ron Roenicke 26
- Brewers fire manager Ron Roenicke 55
- Jordan Walden lands on disabled list with biceps injury 11
- Rays place outfielder Desmond Jennings on 15-day disabled list with bursitis in his left knee 1
- Torii Hunter doesn’t care what Floyd Mayweather has done outside of the boxing ring (140)
- The Orioles will play to no fans tomorrow; this weekend’s series will move to Tropicana Field (125)
- Buck Showalter had some wise words about what’s happening in Baltimore (123)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (120)
- Some anti-DH counterpoints (102)