Jul 7, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
I’m not coming off my position that worrying about All-Star snubs is a waste of time, but I did want to talk about the various levels of snubbery today, and did so in today’s HBT Daily segment.
Note: I have a new poster behind me. Instead of the old World Series programs I have an uncut sheet of 1985 Topps cards. Note: I now realize it is crooked. I’ll fix it before tomorrow. Bah.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 333
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 45
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (333)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (160)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)