Jul 7, 2014, 3:00 PM EDT
I’m not coming off my position that worrying about All-Star snubs is a waste of time, but I did want to talk about the various levels of snubbery today, and did so in today’s HBT Daily segment.
Note: I have a new poster behind me. Instead of the old World Series programs I have an uncut sheet of 1985 Topps cards. Note: I now realize it is crooked. I’ll fix it before tomorrow. Bah.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)