Jul 7, 2014, 10:57 PM EDT
Angels right-hander Jered Weaver was forced to leave tonight’s start against the Blue Jays due to lower back tightness.
Weaver tossed two perfect innings before exiting. He tweaked something on his warm-up pitches before the third inning and was replaced by Matt Shoemaker. It sounds like something that might not cost him a start, though we should know more in the next couple of days.
Weaver, 31, owns a 3.50 ERA and 93/33 K/BB ratio in 118 1/3 innings over 19 starts this season.
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 21
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 13
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Baseball is dying, you guys (149)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)