Jul 7, 2014, 10:57 PM EDT
Angels right-hander Jered Weaver was forced to leave tonight’s start against the Blue Jays due to lower back tightness.
Weaver tossed two perfect innings before exiting. He tweaked something on his warm-up pitches before the third inning and was replaced by Matt Shoemaker. It sounds like something that might not cost him a start, though we should know more in the next couple of days.
Weaver, 31, owns a 3.50 ERA and 93/33 K/BB ratio in 118 1/3 innings over 19 starts this season.
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 54
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)