Jul 7, 2014, 10:57 PM EST
Angels right-hander Jered Weaver was forced to leave tonight’s start against the Blue Jays due to lower back tightness.
Weaver tossed two perfect innings before exiting. He tweaked something on his warm-up pitches before the third inning and was replaced by Matt Shoemaker. It sounds like something that might not cost him a start, though we should know more in the next couple of days.
Weaver, 31, owns a 3.50 ERA and 93/33 K/BB ratio in 118 1/3 innings over 19 starts this season.
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 10
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 31
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 290
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 51
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (290)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)