Jul 7, 2014, 10:57 PM EST
Angels right-hander Jered Weaver was forced to leave tonight’s start against the Blue Jays due to lower back tightness.
Weaver tossed two perfect innings before exiting. He tweaked something on his warm-up pitches before the third inning and was replaced by Matt Shoemaker. It sounds like something that might not cost him a start, though we should know more in the next couple of days.
Weaver, 31, owns a 3.50 ERA and 93/33 K/BB ratio in 118 1/3 innings over 19 starts this season.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (141)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)