Jul 7, 2014, 10:57 PM EDT
Angels right-hander Jered Weaver was forced to leave tonight’s start against the Blue Jays due to lower back tightness.
Weaver tossed two perfect innings before exiting. He tweaked something on his warm-up pitches before the third inning and was replaced by Matt Shoemaker. It sounds like something that might not cost him a start, though we should know more in the next couple of days.
Weaver, 31, owns a 3.50 ERA and 93/33 K/BB ratio in 118 1/3 innings over 19 starts this season.
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 27
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 45
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)