Jul 7, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
Very, very rude of Major League Baseball to make this announcement when the ink on my “Greatest All-Star Snubs in the History of Christendom” article is not even dry. But announce it they have: Seattle Mariners third baseman Kyle Seager will replace Edwin Encarnacion on the AL All-Star team.
Seager s batting .274 with 13 home runs, 59 RBI, 21 doubles and a .483 slugging percentage. He’s the third Mariner t make the team this year, along with Felix Hernandez and Robinson Cano. Encarnacion is out because, as we noted a few minutes ago, he’s now on the disabled list due to a strained quad.
In other news: remember to not get worked up about the snubs.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 56
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 23
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 3
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 360
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)