Jul 7, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Very, very rude of Major League Baseball to make this announcement when the ink on my “Greatest All-Star Snubs in the History of Christendom” article is not even dry. But announce it they have: Seattle Mariners third baseman Kyle Seager will replace Edwin Encarnacion on the AL All-Star team.
Seager s batting .274 with 13 home runs, 59 RBI, 21 doubles and a .483 slugging percentage. He’s the third Mariner t make the team this year, along with Felix Hernandez and Robinson Cano. Encarnacion is out because, as we noted a few minutes ago, he’s now on the disabled list due to a strained quad.
In other news: remember to not get worked up about the snubs.
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 4
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 7
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 27
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 58
- Matt Cain is going to pay a visit to Dr. Andrews 4
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode 78
- The Red Sox are expected to deal Jon Lester and the Pirates are a “dark horse” 36
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (189)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (101)
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence (91)