Jul 7, 2014, 5:03 PM EST
Very, very rude of Major League Baseball to make this announcement when the ink on my “Greatest All-Star Snubs in the History of Christendom” article is not even dry. But announce it they have: Seattle Mariners third baseman Kyle Seager will replace Edwin Encarnacion on the AL All-Star team.
Seager s batting .274 with 13 home runs, 59 RBI, 21 doubles and a .483 slugging percentage. He’s the third Mariner t make the team this year, along with Felix Hernandez and Robinson Cano. Encarnacion is out because, as we noted a few minutes ago, he’s now on the disabled list due to a strained quad.
In other news: remember to not get worked up about the snubs.
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 11
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 56
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 141
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 24
- Matt Kemp has officially been traded to the Padres 29
- Padres acquire catcher Derek Norris from Athletics 37
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site 90
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (142)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)