Jul 7, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Very, very rude of Major League Baseball to make this announcement when the ink on my “Greatest All-Star Snubs in the History of Christendom” article is not even dry. But announce it they have: Seattle Mariners third baseman Kyle Seager will replace Edwin Encarnacion on the AL All-Star team.
Seager s batting .274 with 13 home runs, 59 RBI, 21 doubles and a .483 slugging percentage. He’s the third Mariner t make the team this year, along with Felix Hernandez and Robinson Cano. Encarnacion is out because, as we noted a few minutes ago, he’s now on the disabled list due to a strained quad.
In other news: remember to not get worked up about the snubs.
- Madison Bumgarner delivers a shutout as Giants roll past Pirates in NL Wild Card Game 5
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)