Jul 7, 2014, 5:03 PM EDT
Very, very rude of Major League Baseball to make this announcement when the ink on my “Greatest All-Star Snubs in the History of Christendom” article is not even dry. But announce it they have: Seattle Mariners third baseman Kyle Seager will replace Edwin Encarnacion on the AL All-Star team.
Seager s batting .274 with 13 home runs, 59 RBI, 21 doubles and a .483 slugging percentage. He’s the third Mariner t make the team this year, along with Felix Hernandez and Robinson Cano. Encarnacion is out because, as we noted a few minutes ago, he’s now on the disabled list due to a strained quad.
In other news: remember to not get worked up about the snubs.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 24
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 41
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)