Jul 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Ballpark proposals are usually kinda lame — “hey! I’m going to put you on the spot about something personal and emotional in front of 30,000 people! Don’t embarrass me!” — but if you’re a player I suppose it’s better. Especially if you do it after the game and away from the ballpark like Blue Jays prospect Andy Burns did yesterday.
But, if he had any cold feet, he was likely emboldened by the walkoff homer he hit just before popping the question:
I wish them nothing but happiness, but how epic would it have been if she said no? I mean, theoretically, not for him.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8