Jul 7, 2014, 11:03 AM EDT
Ballpark proposals are usually kinda lame — “hey! I’m going to put you on the spot about something personal and emotional in front of 30,000 people! Don’t embarrass me!” — but if you’re a player I suppose it’s better. Especially if you do it after the game and away from the ballpark like Blue Jays prospect Andy Burns did yesterday.
But, if he had any cold feet, he was likely emboldened by the walkoff homer he hit just before popping the question:
I wish them nothing but happiness, but how epic would it have been if she said no? I mean, theoretically, not for him.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 332
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 69
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 45
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 44
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (332)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (160)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)