Jul 7, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball just announced that Oakland A’s Minor League outfielder Herschel “Boog” Powell has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Powell, who is currently on the roster of the Single-A Stockton Ports of the California League, is effective immediately.
The real Boog Powell was never suspended for anything. But that’s mostly because they did not test for Fritos and Pabst Blue Ribbon until after his retirement in 1977.
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 82
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 13
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 34
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 40
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 350
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 5
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (350)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (185)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (161)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)