Jul 7, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball just announced that Oakland A’s Minor League outfielder Herschel “Boog” Powell has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Powell, who is currently on the roster of the Single-A Stockton Ports of the California League, is effective immediately.
The real Boog Powell was never suspended for anything. But that’s mostly because they did not test for Fritos and Pabst Blue Ribbon until after his retirement in 1977.
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 0
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 33
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8
- Brandon Belt headed to disabled list with concussion 5
- Cardinals are interested in David Price, but “would want a financial commitment” from him 47
- Blue Jays, Giants “taking their best shot” at Chase Utley 19
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 27
- Baseball is dying, you guys (148)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Watch Derek Jeter tell Joe Buck to get the heck out of the clubhouse (91)
- Adam Wainwright follows the rules and pays the price (90)
- The Astros did not sign number one overall pick Brady Aiken. This is a big deal. (90)