Jul 7, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball just announced that Oakland A’s Minor League outfielder Herschel “Boog” Powell has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Powell, who is currently on the roster of the Single-A Stockton Ports of the California League, is effective immediately.
The real Boog Powell was never suspended for anything. But that’s mostly because they did not test for Fritos and Pabst Blue Ribbon until after his retirement in 1977.
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare 136
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million 83
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 29
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 12
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 14
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 82
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (184)
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (86)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)