Jul 7, 2014, 4:30 PM EDT
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball just announced that Oakland A’s Minor League outfielder Herschel “Boog” Powell has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Powell, who is currently on the roster of the Single-A Stockton Ports of the California League, is effective immediately.
The real Boog Powell was never suspended for anything. But that’s mostly because they did not test for Fritos and Pabst Blue Ribbon until after his retirement in 1977.
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 0
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 3
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 8
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 35
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 11
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 41
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 182
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 74
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (182)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)