Jul 7, 2014, 4:30 PM EST
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball just announced that Oakland A’s Minor League outfielder Herschel “Boog” Powell has received a 50-game suspension without pay after testing positive for an Amphetamine in violation of the Minor League Drug Prevention and Treatment Program. The suspension of Powell, who is currently on the roster of the Single-A Stockton Ports of the California League, is effective immediately.
The real Boog Powell was never suspended for anything. But that’s mostly because they did not test for Fritos and Pabst Blue Ribbon until after his retirement in 1977.
- Dan Uggla played through undiagnosed concussion in 2014 12
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 40
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 62
- Report: Hiroki Kuroda is going back to Japan 26
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15