Jul 7, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu grabbed the MLB home run lead on Friday night, but Orioles slugger Nelson Cruz took it back tonight with this two-run shot off Nationals right-hander Stephen Strasburg in the first inning. He’s now up to 28 home runs on the year.
John Lackey couldn’t be reached for comment. By the way, Cruz has already passed his home run total from last season and is just five away from matching his career-high. The Orioles still have 73 games left to play this season after tonight.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 31
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 91
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 8
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 19
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 40
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 9
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (95)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)