Jul 7, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu grabbed the MLB home run lead on Friday night, but Orioles slugger Nelson Cruz took it back tonight with this two-run shot off Nationals right-hander Stephen Strasburg in the first inning. He’s now up to 28 home runs on the year.
John Lackey couldn’t be reached for comment. By the way, Cruz has already passed his home run total from last season and is just five away from matching his career-high. The Orioles still have 73 games left to play this season after tonight.
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 0
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 41
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 37
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)