Jul 7, 2014, 8:48 PM EDT
White Sox first baseman Jose Abreu grabbed the MLB home run lead on Friday night, but Orioles slugger Nelson Cruz took it back tonight with this two-run shot off Nationals right-hander Stephen Strasburg in the first inning. He’s now up to 28 home runs on the year.
John Lackey couldn’t be reached for comment. By the way, Cruz has already passed his home run total from last season and is just five away from matching his career-high. The Orioles still have 73 games left to play this season after tonight.
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 41
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 28
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 28
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 61
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)