Jul 8, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Home Run Derby league captains Troy Tulowitzki and Jose Bautista just revealed four of their five choices for next week’s event live on ESPN’s Sportscenter. The final two participants for the 2014 Home Run Derby will be announced on Thursday.
For the National League squad of sluggers, Tulo has decided to align himself with Marlins right fielder Giancarlo Stanton, Dodgers right fielder Yasiel Puig, and third baseman Todd Frazier of the Reds.
The 2014 Home Run Derby will go down next Monday night (8 p.m. ET) at Minnesota’s Target Field.
There’s a new group-and-bracket type of format this year, which is explained in detail on MLB.com.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)