Jul 8, 2014, 7:05 PM EDT
Home Run Derby league captains Troy Tulowitzki and Jose Bautista just revealed four of their five choices for next week’s event live on ESPN’s Sportscenter. The final two participants for the 2014 Home Run Derby will be announced on Thursday.
For the National League squad of sluggers, Tulo has decided to align himself with Marlins right fielder Giancarlo Stanton, Dodgers right fielder Yasiel Puig, and third baseman Todd Frazier of the Reds.
The 2014 Home Run Derby will go down next Monday night (8 p.m. ET) at Minnesota’s Target Field.
There’s a new group-and-bracket type of format this year, which is explained in detail on MLB.com.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)