Jul 8, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
Mariners right-hander Hisashi Iwakuma took the mound last night against the Minnesota Twins for the fifth time in his career and for the fifth time in his career he defeated them without allowing an earned run.
Iwakuma tossed seven shutout innings in a 2-0 victory, striking out 10 and walking zero while allowing four hits. And he’s now 5-0 with a 0.00 ERA in five starts and 33.2 innings versus Minnesota.
During that 33.2-inning stretch he’s struck out 34 of 132 batters while issuing just eight walks and the Twins have hit .165 with a .198 slugging percentage and .427 OPS off Iwakuma.
Or, put another way: Iwakuma has a 2.89 ERA for his career. If you remove his dominance of the Twins from those totals his career ERA rises to 3.13.
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 43
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 10
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 35
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 62
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 27
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 45
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process (78)