Jul 8, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
The Dodgers placed Josh Beckett on the 15-day disabled list today with a left hip impingement. He pitched on July 6, and the All-Star break is coming up, so he’ll be eligible to come off not too terribly long after the All-Star break is over, meaning that he may only miss one or two starts, tops.
Beckett is having a fantastic year so far, going 6-2 with a 2.26 ERA and a 95/32 K/BB ratio in 103.2 inning across 17 starts. Assuming the hip thing isn’t too major, a couple of times through the rotation off may be good for him for the Dodgers’ stretch run.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 82
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 160
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (161)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)