Jul 8, 2014, 4:00 PM EST
The Dodgers placed Josh Beckett on the 15-day disabled list today with a left hip impingement. He pitched on July 6, and the All-Star break is coming up, so he’ll be eligible to come off not too terribly long after the All-Star break is over, meaning that he may only miss one or two starts, tops.
Beckett is having a fantastic year so far, going 6-2 with a 2.26 ERA and a 95/32 K/BB ratio in 103.2 inning across 17 starts. Assuming the hip thing isn’t too major, a couple of times through the rotation off may be good for him for the Dodgers’ stretch run.
- Someone apparently got Jayson Werth’s autograph in jail 15
- Chris Davis opens up about his Adderall suspension: “It was a moment of weakness” 53
- MLB.com names Byron Buxton as baseball’s top prospect for second straight year 33
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 103
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 48
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants (103)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (85)