Jul 8, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
The Dodgers placed Josh Beckett on the 15-day disabled list today with a left hip impingement. He pitched on July 6, and the All-Star break is coming up, so he’ll be eligible to come off not too terribly long after the All-Star break is over, meaning that he may only miss one or two starts, tops.
Beckett is having a fantastic year so far, going 6-2 with a 2.26 ERA and a 95/32 K/BB ratio in 103.2 inning across 17 starts. Assuming the hip thing isn’t too major, a couple of times through the rotation off may be good for him for the Dodgers’ stretch run.
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 5
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 81
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 17
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 27
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 31
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 18
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 85
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 30
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (93)