Jul 8, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
The Dodgers placed Josh Beckett on the 15-day disabled list today with a left hip impingement. He pitched on July 6, and the All-Star break is coming up, so he’ll be eligible to come off not too terribly long after the All-Star break is over, meaning that he may only miss one or two starts, tops.
Beckett is having a fantastic year so far, going 6-2 with a 2.26 ERA and a 95/32 K/BB ratio in 103.2 inning across 17 starts. Assuming the hip thing isn’t too major, a couple of times through the rotation off may be good for him for the Dodgers’ stretch run.
- Report: Cubs calling up prospect infielder Addison Russell 0
- Jonathan Lucroy headed to disabled list with broken toe 5
- Reds manager Bryan Price goes on profanity-laden tirade against media 44
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 75
- Report: Marlins manager Mike Redmond is on the hot seat 40
- Five Royals ejected in Sunday’s series finale against the Athletics 88
- White Sox will promote Carlos Rodon on Monday 14
- Another one bites the dust: Mets lose young catcher Travis d’Arnaud to fractured right hand 14
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (129)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (107)