Jul 8, 2014, 4:00 PM EDT
The Dodgers placed Josh Beckett on the 15-day disabled list today with a left hip impingement. He pitched on July 6, and the All-Star break is coming up, so he’ll be eligible to come off not too terribly long after the All-Star break is over, meaning that he may only miss one or two starts, tops.
Beckett is having a fantastic year so far, going 6-2 with a 2.26 ERA and a 95/32 K/BB ratio in 103.2 inning across 17 starts. Assuming the hip thing isn’t too major, a couple of times through the rotation off may be good for him for the Dodgers’ stretch run.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (186)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)