Jul 9, 2014, 8:52 PM EDT
Some rough news here for the slumping Blue Jays.
MLB.com’s Gregor Chisholm reports Adam Lind has been diagnosed with a non-displaced fracture in his right foot and is expected to miss the next 6-8 weeks. Lind has been dealing with discomfort in the foot for much of July and finally decided to undergo an MRI on Tuesday, which revealed the broken bone.
Lind is batting .320/.389/.489 in 198 plate appearances this season. It’s a big loss for the Jays, who are suddenly three games back of the Orioles in what has become a wide-open American League East.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 2
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)