Jul 9, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
Alex Gordon was scratched from the Royals’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Rays with a sprained right wrist and Andy McCullough of the Kansas City Star reports that the left fielder will undergo an MRI exam when the team returns home tomorrow.
Gordon was selected for his second straight All-Star game and has hit .268 with nine homers and a .772 OPS this season to go along with his always excellent defense.
Before tonight he’d played in 87 of the Royals’ first 89 games after missing a grand total of six games in the previous two seasons.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 10
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 63
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 111
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 57
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (111)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (88)