Jul 9, 2014, 4:52 PM EDT
Alex Gordon was scratched from the Royals’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Rays with a sprained right wrist and Andy McCullough of the Kansas City Star reports that the left fielder will undergo an MRI exam when the team returns home tomorrow.
Gordon was selected for his second straight All-Star game and has hit .268 with nine homers and a .772 OPS this season to go along with his always excellent defense.
Before tonight he’d played in 87 of the Royals’ first 89 games after missing a grand total of six games in the previous two seasons.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 17
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 56
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 113
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 106
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 82
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (113)