Jul 9, 2014, 4:52 PM EST
Alex Gordon was scratched from the Royals’ lineup for tonight’s game against the Rays with a sprained right wrist and Andy McCullough of the Kansas City Star reports that the left fielder will undergo an MRI exam when the team returns home tomorrow.
Gordon was selected for his second straight All-Star game and has hit .268 with nine homers and a .772 OPS this season to go along with his always excellent defense.
Before tonight he’d played in 87 of the Royals’ first 89 games after missing a grand total of six games in the previous two seasons.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 305
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (305)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)