Jul 9, 2014, 11:21 PM EDT
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez is 3-for-6 with a double, a homer, and three RBI through two games on his minor league rehab assignment with the Triple-A Colorado Springs Sky Sox and is on track to be activated from the disabled list this Friday according to Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post.
Gonzalez has been out since early June following surgery to remove a tumor from his left index finger. He will play right field when he returns, with Corey Dickerson staying in left and Charlie Blackmon remaining in center. Michael Cuddyer is still recovering from a major shoulder injury.
Jair Jurrjens and his 10.61 ERA will be sent back to the minors to open up a roster spot for CarGo.
The Rockies won Wednesday but are still 11 1/2 games back in the National League West standings.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 1
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 29
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 10
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 28
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 18
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 44
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)