Jul 9, 2014, 11:21 PM EST
Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez is 3-for-6 with a double, a homer, and three RBI through two games on his minor league rehab assignment with the Triple-A Colorado Springs Sky Sox and is on track to be activated from the disabled list this Friday according to Patrick Saunders of the Denver Post.
Gonzalez has been out since early June following surgery to remove a tumor from his left index finger. He will play right field when he returns, with Corey Dickerson staying in left and Charlie Blackmon remaining in center. Michael Cuddyer is still recovering from a major shoulder injury.
Jair Jurrjens and his 10.61 ERA will be sent back to the minors to open up a roster spot for CarGo.
The Rockies won Wednesday but are still 11 1/2 games back in the National League West standings.
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 267
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 16
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training 114
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (272)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)