Jul 9, 2014, 10:15 AM EST
Blue Jays shortstop Jose Reyes committed throwing errors in back-to-back games Sunday and Monday, giving him eight throwing errors on the season compared to a career-high of nine.
When asked by Shi Davidi of Toronto Sportsnet about the throwing problems Reyes admitted that he’s been playing through a right shoulder injury for the past month:
It’s been long enough. One day I feel good, the next day I feel sore, that’s the way it is. Baseball, you’re never going to be perfect, you’re always going to have some soreness in your body. You need to find a way to control that. I feel like I’m not able to finish my throws when I’m throwing to first base. That’s why the ball is running away from first base a little bit.
Reyes also told Davidi that his shoulder bothers him at the plate, but only occasionally. During the past two weeks he’s hit .344 with an .885 OPS in 14 games, including going 4-for-5 with a home run last night, so clearly the shoulder is more of an issue on defense.
Reyes insists that the injury isn’t bad enough to keep him from being in the Blue Jays’ lineup and seemed hopeful that the time off during the All-Star break will help him get over the soreness.
‘s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $30,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Wednesday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $5,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Wednesday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 77
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 45
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 26
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. 144
- Jake Peavy agrees to a two-year, $24 million deal to stay with the San Francisco Giants 26
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (144)
- Cubs, Red Sox, Dodgers, Padres, Rangers, and Astros interested in Phillies’ Cole Hamels (111)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)