Jul 9, 2014, 10:33 PM EST
— ctrent (@ctrent) July 10, 2014
Billy Hamilton tweaked his hamstring on a seventh-inning at-bat after walking and stealing a base in the bottom of the third and smacking an RBI triple in the bottom of the fifth. Brandon Phillips rolled over his left hand while attempting to make a play on an Anthony Rizzo grounder in the top of the eighth. Phillips looked to be in a good deal of discomfort as he walked off the field with a trainer stabilizing his left hand and wrist.
The Reds wrap up a five-game series with the Cubs on Thursday afternoon and it’s a safe bet that neither player will be available. Then comes a hugely-important three-game weekend set against the Pirates.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 42
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 54
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 45
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)