Jul 9, 2014, 10:33 PM EDT
— ctrent (@ctrent) July 10, 2014
Billy Hamilton tweaked his hamstring on a seventh-inning at-bat after walking and stealing a base in the bottom of the third and smacking an RBI triple in the bottom of the fifth. Brandon Phillips rolled over his left hand while attempting to make a play on an Anthony Rizzo grounder in the top of the eighth. Phillips looked to be in a good deal of discomfort as he walked off the field with a trainer stabilizing his left hand and wrist.
The Reds wrap up a five-game series with the Cubs on Thursday afternoon and it’s a safe bet that neither player will be available. Then comes a hugely-important three-game weekend set against the Pirates.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8