Jul 9, 2014, 8:23 AM EDT
The Rockies aren’t doing that great and, on the Fourth of July, they got their butts handed to them. One fan, who took his family over 200 miles from Grand Junction, CO to Denver to see that game, filled out a fan satisfaction form after the game and dropped it in a box.
I’m sure many of you have done that before at ballparks, retail stores, restaurants, whatever. I’m guessing most of you have never received a response. I haven’t. And I certainly have never received a response directly from the owner of the business. But this fan from Grand Junction did. From News Channel 5 in Grand Junction:
“I pretty much just filled out the survey and kinda wrote a little bit about how it’s frustrating to spend the money and go see [Rockies] teams that are constantly struggling all the time,” said Ferguson.
Two days later, he found out his comments did not go unnoticed. Ferguson received a reply in his inbox simply stating, “If product and experience that bad don’t come!”… signed owner, chairman and CEO of the Colorado Rockies Dick Monfort.
Monfort was seemingly so eager to respond back to the fan that he sent the response by telegram. At least I’m assuming it was based on the lack of articles in the note.
Don’t worry, Dick. If the team continues to stink, they won’t.
Anyway, I can see a fan complaint like that not rising to the attention of the actual owner of the team. And I can see, if such fan complaints did rise to the attention of the owner of the team, the owner trying to turn it into a good customer service moment of some kind. But I really can’t figure out how the owner of a team figures that a snippy little response like that is a better idea than simply ignoring it or doing something nice.
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 2
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 4
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 83
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 51
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (90)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (85)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)