Jul 10, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
C.J. Wilson has been a mess in his last four starts and now the Angels have placed the left-hander on the disabled list with a sprained right ankle. Wilson made no mention of any ankle problems when speaking to the media following yesterday’s game.
Wilson failed to make it out of the fourth inning yesterday and hasn’t made it past five innings since June 19, allowing 22 runs in 16.2 innings during that span. Prior to the ugly stretch he was having a typical season with a 3.34 ERA and 93 strikeouts in 100 innings, basically matching his 2013 numbers.
Wilson’s rotation-mate Jered Weaver is also dealing with a lower back injury, although for now at least the Angels believe he’ll be able to take his next turn in the rotation and avoid the disabled list.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)