Jul 10, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
C.J. Wilson has been a mess in his last four starts and now the Angels have placed the left-hander on the disabled list with a sprained right ankle. Wilson made no mention of any ankle problems when speaking to the media following yesterday’s game.
Wilson failed to make it out of the fourth inning yesterday and hasn’t made it past five innings since June 19, allowing 22 runs in 16.2 innings during that span. Prior to the ugly stretch he was having a typical season with a 3.34 ERA and 93 strikeouts in 100 innings, basically matching his 2013 numbers.
Wilson’s rotation-mate Jered Weaver is also dealing with a lower back injury, although for now at least the Angels believe he’ll be able to take his next turn in the rotation and avoid the disabled list.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 303
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (303)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” (86)