Jul 10, 2014, 4:46 PM EST
C.J. Wilson has been a mess in his last four starts and now the Angels have placed the left-hander on the disabled list with a sprained right ankle. Wilson made no mention of any ankle problems when speaking to the media following yesterday’s game.
Wilson failed to make it out of the fourth inning yesterday and hasn’t made it past five innings since June 19, allowing 22 runs in 16.2 innings during that span. Prior to the ugly stretch he was having a typical season with a 3.34 ERA and 93 strikeouts in 100 innings, basically matching his 2013 numbers.
Wilson’s rotation-mate Jered Weaver is also dealing with a lower back injury, although for now at least the Angels believe he’ll be able to take his next turn in the rotation and avoid the disabled list.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 41
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (72)