Jul 10, 2014, 4:46 PM EDT
C.J. Wilson has been a mess in his last four starts and now the Angels have placed the left-hander on the disabled list with a sprained right ankle. Wilson made no mention of any ankle problems when speaking to the media following yesterday’s game.
Wilson failed to make it out of the fourth inning yesterday and hasn’t made it past five innings since June 19, allowing 22 runs in 16.2 innings during that span. Prior to the ugly stretch he was having a typical season with a 3.34 ERA and 93 strikeouts in 100 innings, basically matching his 2013 numbers.
Wilson’s rotation-mate Jered Weaver is also dealing with a lower back injury, although for now at least the Angels believe he’ll be able to take his next turn in the rotation and avoid the disabled list.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 3
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 74
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 76
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 100
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (103)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (102)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)
- Jonathan Papelbon blows save, gets ejected for making rude gesture at booing crowd (77)