Jul 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Lee allowed three runs against the Rays’ affiliate, striking out four and walking one while throwing 44 of his 59 pitches for strikes.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that Lee will likely make a third rehab start Monday, also at Single-A, at which point the Phillies may decide he’s ready to come off the disabled list after missing the past two months with a strained elbow.
That probably won’t leave enough time for Lee to convince contending teams he’s a healthy asset prior to the July 31 trade deadline, but considering the size of the 35-year-old’s contract he could also be moved during the August waiver trading period. Lee is making $25 million this season and is owed another $25 million in 2015 and $27.5 million or a $12.5 million buyout in 2016.
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 141
- The Winners and Losers at the Trade Deadline 66
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 11
- Report: Yoenis Cespedes heading to the New York Mets 36
- The Blue Jays pick up Ben Revere from the Phillies 65
- Cubs trade for Dan Haren 28
- Cardinals add more bullpen help, get Jonathan Broxton from Brewers 13
- Orioles trade for Brewers outfielder Gerardo Parra 19
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (148)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)