Jul 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Lee allowed three runs against the Rays’ affiliate, striking out four and walking one while throwing 44 of his 59 pitches for strikes.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that Lee will likely make a third rehab start Monday, also at Single-A, at which point the Phillies may decide he’s ready to come off the disabled list after missing the past two months with a strained elbow.
That probably won’t leave enough time for Lee to convince contending teams he’s a healthy asset prior to the July 31 trade deadline, but considering the size of the 35-year-old’s contract he could also be moved during the August waiver trading period. Lee is making $25 million this season and is owed another $25 million in 2015 and $27.5 million or a $12.5 million buyout in 2016.
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 15
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 43
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 22
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 50
- Video: Joey Butler breaks up Carlos Carrasco’s no-hitter with two outs in the ninth inning 12
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 15
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 39
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (76)