Jul 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Lee allowed three runs against the Rays’ affiliate, striking out four and walking one while throwing 44 of his 59 pitches for strikes.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that Lee will likely make a third rehab start Monday, also at Single-A, at which point the Phillies may decide he’s ready to come off the disabled list after missing the past two months with a strained elbow.
That probably won’t leave enough time for Lee to convince contending teams he’s a healthy asset prior to the July 31 trade deadline, but considering the size of the 35-year-old’s contract he could also be moved during the August waiver trading period. Lee is making $25 million this season and is owed another $25 million in 2015 and $27.5 million or a $12.5 million buyout in 2016.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)