Jul 10, 2014, 10:15 AM EDT
Lee allowed three runs against the Rays’ affiliate, striking out four and walking one while throwing 44 of his 59 pitches for strikes.
Jim Salisbury of CSNPhilly.com reports that Lee will likely make a third rehab start Monday, also at Single-A, at which point the Phillies may decide he’s ready to come off the disabled list after missing the past two months with a strained elbow.
That probably won’t leave enough time for Lee to convince contending teams he’s a healthy asset prior to the July 31 trade deadline, but considering the size of the 35-year-old’s contract he could also be moved during the August waiver trading period. Lee is making $25 million this season and is owed another $25 million in 2015 and $27.5 million or a $12.5 million buyout in 2016.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 21
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 60
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 53
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 18
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)