Jul 10, 2014, 5:40 PM EST
This will be the first All-Star game for the 30-year-old Aybar, who’s hit .283 with six homers and a .735 OPS that basically matches his combined .722 OPS from 2011-2013.
Expect several more injury replacements to be announced shortly, which is of course why the annual uproar about “snubs” is so silly.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 13
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 8
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 279
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 17
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 85
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 49
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (279)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)