Jul 10, 2014, 7:20 PM EDT
The field for next week’s Home Run Derby is officially in place.
MLB just announced that Josh Donaldson of the Athletics has been added to the American League squad. Meanwhile, Justin Morneau of the Rockies has been named as the final participant for the National League.
Toronto’s Jose Bautista is the captain for the American League and will also be joined by Orioles center fielder Adam Jones, Twins second baseman Brian Dozier, and Athletics left fielder Yoenis Cespedes. Morneau’s teammate, Troy Tulowitzki, is the captain for the National League and also has Marlins right fielder Giancarlo Stanton, Dodgers right fielder Yasiel Puig, and Reds third baseman Todd Frazier on his side. Cespedes won the whole thing last year.
The 2014 Home Run Derby will take place next Monday night (8 p.m. ET) at Target Field, the site of this year’s All-Star Game. The hometown crowd will rooting for Dozier, but Morneau figures to get a lot of support in his return to Minnesota.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 29
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 41
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)