Jul 10, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Trading him may be tricky, as he’s still trying to come back from a fracture in his back and has only played in 31 games this season. Still, he was hitting just fine in those 31 games and was last year’s batting champ. In a market with scant hitting available, you’d have to think that at least someone would offer a minor leaguer or something for him.
But the Rockies don’t only plan on not trading him, they plan on trying to re-sign the impending free agent. An article over the weekend featured team owner Dick Monfort praising Cuddyer’s presence in the clubhouse. So, there you have it.
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 28
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 72
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 64
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)