Jul 10, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Trading him may be tricky, as he’s still trying to come back from a fracture in his back and has only played in 31 games this season. Still, he was hitting just fine in those 31 games and was last year’s batting champ. In a market with scant hitting available, you’d have to think that at least someone would offer a minor leaguer or something for him.
But the Rockies don’t only plan on not trading him, they plan on trying to re-sign the impending free agent. An article over the weekend featured team owner Dick Monfort praising Cuddyer’s presence in the clubhouse. So, there you have it.
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 5
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 17
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)