Jul 10, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Trading him may be tricky, as he’s still trying to come back from a fracture in his back and has only played in 31 games this season. Still, he was hitting just fine in those 31 games and was last year’s batting champ. In a market with scant hitting available, you’d have to think that at least someone would offer a minor leaguer or something for him.
But the Rockies don’t only plan on not trading him, they plan on trying to re-sign the impending free agent. An article over the weekend featured team owner Dick Monfort praising Cuddyer’s presence in the clubhouse. So, there you have it.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 8
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)