Jul 10, 2014, 11:33 AM EDT
Trading him may be tricky, as he’s still trying to come back from a fracture in his back and has only played in 31 games this season. Still, he was hitting just fine in those 31 games and was last year’s batting champ. In a market with scant hitting available, you’d have to think that at least someone would offer a minor leaguer or something for him.
But the Rockies don’t only plan on not trading him, they plan on trying to re-sign the impending free agent. An article over the weekend featured team owner Dick Monfort praising Cuddyer’s presence in the clubhouse. So, there you have it.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 52
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)