Jul 10, 2014, 11:33 AM EST
Trading him may be tricky, as he’s still trying to come back from a fracture in his back and has only played in 31 games this season. Still, he was hitting just fine in those 31 games and was last year’s batting champ. In a market with scant hitting available, you’d have to think that at least someone would offer a minor leaguer or something for him.
But the Rockies don’t only plan on not trading him, they plan on trying to re-sign the impending free agent. An article over the weekend featured team owner Dick Monfort praising Cuddyer’s presence in the clubhouse. So, there you have it.
- Hector Olivera’s camp denies any damage to ulnar collateral ligament 3
- UPDATE: Hunter Pence out 6-8 weeks with fracture in left forearm 21
- MLBPA: leaks are from people “who want to see Josh Hamilton hurt personally and professionally” 20
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 145
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 45
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 6
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 6
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 373
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (373)
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene (145)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- That facts of Josh Hamilton’s case should not be a matter of public record (92)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (90)