Jul 10, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT
Yadier Molina sprained his thumb last night on an awkward slide into third base. He underwent an MRI last night to determine the severity of the injury.
Tthe results will come back some time today. In the meantime, Tony Cruz will start behind the plate for the Cardinals. While you never want to be without a guy like Molina, given the upcoming All-Star break, it may present a nice opportunity for the Cards’ catcher to get an extended rest.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 10
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 47
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)