Jul 10, 2014, 9:17 AM EDT
Yadier Molina sprained his thumb last night on an awkward slide into third base. He underwent an MRI last night to determine the severity of the injury.
Tthe results will come back some time today. In the meantime, Tony Cruz will start behind the plate for the Cardinals. While you never want to be without a guy like Molina, given the upcoming All-Star break, it may present a nice opportunity for the Cards’ catcher to get an extended rest.
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 14
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 12
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 29
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 14
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 16
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 61
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (144)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (94)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)