Derek Jeter: part owner of a company that sells high-tech men’s underwear that refrigerates your genitals
Jul 11, 2014, 8:43 AM EDT
Move over, Victoria, Derek Jeter has an even bigger “secret.”
The Yankee slugger’s retirement plan includes becoming an underwear mogul, Page Six has learned.
The slugger is a secret owner of Frigo RevolutionWear — a customized men’s underwear brand that sells skivvies more colloquially known as “Tempur-Pedic banana hammocks.” The high-tech undies sell for $100 a pair and include a “soft lock adjustment system” plus a “patented pouch” dubbed the “Frigo Zone.” (We’ll leave the zone’s location to your imagination.)
The guy who runs the company has said that the product “separates your genitals from the rest of your body . . . It lifts a little bit so [guys] feel the comfort.”
$100 for that? Hasn’t anyone ever heard of Gold Bond?
And while I know it’s a cliche to note this every single time this kind of thing comes up, I really do wonder how this would be received if A-Rod was an investor.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 13
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 51
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 52
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 45
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)