Derek Jeter: part owner of a company that sells high-tech men’s underwear that refrigerates your genitals
Jul 11, 2014, 8:43 AM EDT
Move over, Victoria, Derek Jeter has an even bigger “secret.”
The Yankee slugger’s retirement plan includes becoming an underwear mogul, Page Six has learned.
The slugger is a secret owner of Frigo RevolutionWear — a customized men’s underwear brand that sells skivvies more colloquially known as “Tempur-Pedic banana hammocks.” The high-tech undies sell for $100 a pair and include a “soft lock adjustment system” plus a “patented pouch” dubbed the “Frigo Zone.” (We’ll leave the zone’s location to your imagination.)
The guy who runs the company has said that the product “separates your genitals from the rest of your body . . . It lifts a little bit so [guys] feel the comfort.”
$100 for that? Hasn’t anyone ever heard of Gold Bond?
And while I know it’s a cliche to note this every single time this kind of thing comes up, I really do wonder how this would be received if A-Rod was an investor.
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 0
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 91
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 124
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (125)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (97)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (97)