Derek Jeter: part owner of a company that sells high-tech men’s underwear that refrigerates your genitals
Jul 11, 2014, 8:43 AM EDT
Move over, Victoria, Derek Jeter has an even bigger “secret.”
The Yankee slugger’s retirement plan includes becoming an underwear mogul, Page Six has learned.
The slugger is a secret owner of Frigo RevolutionWear — a customized men’s underwear brand that sells skivvies more colloquially known as “Tempur-Pedic banana hammocks.” The high-tech undies sell for $100 a pair and include a “soft lock adjustment system” plus a “patented pouch” dubbed the “Frigo Zone.” (We’ll leave the zone’s location to your imagination.)
The guy who runs the company has said that the product “separates your genitals from the rest of your body . . . It lifts a little bit so [guys] feel the comfort.”
$100 for that? Hasn’t anyone ever heard of Gold Bond?
And while I know it’s a cliche to note this every single time this kind of thing comes up, I really do wonder how this would be received if A-Rod was an investor.
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 3
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 19
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)