Derek Jeter: part owner of a company that sells high-tech men’s underwear that refrigerates your genitals
Jul 11, 2014, 8:43 AM EST
Move over, Victoria, Derek Jeter has an even bigger “secret.”
The Yankee slugger’s retirement plan includes becoming an underwear mogul, Page Six has learned.
The slugger is a secret owner of Frigo RevolutionWear — a customized men’s underwear brand that sells skivvies more colloquially known as “Tempur-Pedic banana hammocks.” The high-tech undies sell for $100 a pair and include a “soft lock adjustment system” plus a “patented pouch” dubbed the “Frigo Zone.” (We’ll leave the zone’s location to your imagination.)
The guy who runs the company has said that the product “separates your genitals from the rest of your body . . . It lifts a little bit so [guys] feel the comfort.”
$100 for that? Hasn’t anyone ever heard of Gold Bond?
And while I know it’s a cliche to note this every single time this kind of thing comes up, I really do wonder how this would be received if A-Rod was an investor.
- The aura of Derek Jeter was present at the Pinstripe Bowl 0
- UPDATE: Starlin Castro free after being questioned about shooting in Dominican Republic 54
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 74
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 86
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 40
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 15
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27