Jul 11, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Per the Diamondbacks official Twitter, the club has activated outfielder Mark Trumbo from the 15-day disabled list. Trumbo has been out since April 21 with a stress fracture in his left foot. His recovery has been bumpy and the D-Backs weren’t expecting to get him back before the All-Star break, but he has been inserted into Friday night’s lineup against the Giants.
Trumbo, 28, was acquired by the D-Backs in a three-team trade involving the Angels and White Sox last December. In 87 April plate appearances, the slugger slashed .210/.264/.506 with seven home runs and 19 RBI.
Outfielder Roger Kieschnick was optioned to Triple-A Reno to make room for Trumbo on the 25-man roster.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)