Jul 11, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Per the Diamondbacks official Twitter, the club has activated outfielder Mark Trumbo from the 15-day disabled list. Trumbo has been out since April 21 with a stress fracture in his left foot. His recovery has been bumpy and the D-Backs weren’t expecting to get him back before the All-Star break, but he has been inserted into Friday night’s lineup against the Giants.
Trumbo, 28, was acquired by the D-Backs in a three-team trade involving the Angels and White Sox last December. In 87 April plate appearances, the slugger slashed .210/.264/.506 with seven home runs and 19 RBI.
Outfielder Roger Kieschnick was optioned to Triple-A Reno to make room for Trumbo on the 25-man roster.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)