Jul 11, 2014, 8:45 PM EST
Per the Diamondbacks official Twitter, the club has activated outfielder Mark Trumbo from the 15-day disabled list. Trumbo has been out since April 21 with a stress fracture in his left foot. His recovery has been bumpy and the D-Backs weren’t expecting to get him back before the All-Star break, but he has been inserted into Friday night’s lineup against the Giants.
Trumbo, 28, was acquired by the D-Backs in a three-team trade involving the Angels and White Sox last December. In 87 April plate appearances, the slugger slashed .210/.264/.506 with seven home runs and 19 RBI.
Outfielder Roger Kieschnick was optioned to Triple-A Reno to make room for Trumbo on the 25-man roster.
- Suspending Josh Hamilton for a year would be obscene 40
- Report: MLB panel split on rehab for Josh Hamilton; one-year suspension is in play 19
- Joc Pederson goes 2-for-2 in Cactus League debut 4
- Braves scratch Mike Minor from start with more shoulder problems 2
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 359
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 33
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (360)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (137)
- John Baker, Jeremy Brown, coal mines and class (80)
- Billy Bean responds to Daniel Murphy’s comments (76)