Jul 11, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Per the Diamondbacks official Twitter, the club has activated outfielder Mark Trumbo from the 15-day disabled list. Trumbo has been out since April 21 with a stress fracture in his left foot. His recovery has been bumpy and the D-Backs weren’t expecting to get him back before the All-Star break, but he has been inserted into Friday night’s lineup against the Giants.
Trumbo, 28, was acquired by the D-Backs in a three-team trade involving the Angels and White Sox last December. In 87 April plate appearances, the slugger slashed .210/.264/.506 with seven home runs and 19 RBI.
Outfielder Roger Kieschnick was optioned to Triple-A Reno to make room for Trumbo on the 25-man roster.
- Angels announce ALDS rotation: Jered Weaver in Game 1, Matt Shoemaker for Game 2 2
- Wild Card Game: Giants vs. Pirates lineups 4
- The beauty of belief 42
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 44
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 15
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 25
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 75
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Ned Yost on the sixth inning and his bullpen usage: “its just one of those things” (81)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)