Jul 11, 2014, 8:45 PM EDT
Per the Diamondbacks official Twitter, the club has activated outfielder Mark Trumbo from the 15-day disabled list. Trumbo has been out since April 21 with a stress fracture in his left foot. His recovery has been bumpy and the D-Backs weren’t expecting to get him back before the All-Star break, but he has been inserted into Friday night’s lineup against the Giants.
Trumbo, 28, was acquired by the D-Backs in a three-team trade involving the Angels and White Sox last December. In 87 April plate appearances, the slugger slashed .210/.264/.506 with seven home runs and 19 RBI.
Outfielder Roger Kieschnick was optioned to Triple-A Reno to make room for Trumbo on the 25-man roster.
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 22
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 26
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 43
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 18
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)
- Ichiro Suzuki passes Babe Ruth on the all-time hits list (76)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (71)
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves (71)