Jul 11, 2014, 12:48 PM EDT
Joe Mauer is two weeks into what is usually at least a month-long recovery for a strained oblique muscle and there’s no timetable yet for the Twins first baseman’s return to the lineup.
Mauer is eligible to come off the disabled list on July 18, but Rhett Bollinger of MLB.com reports that he’s yet to start baseball activities and continues to have some soreness.
Mauer’s move from catcher to first base got off to a terrible start, but he was actually starting to hit well before suffering the oblique injury. In his last 20 games before going on the disabled list Mauer hit .320 and he’s currently got a 12-game hitting streak on hold.
In his absence Chris Colabello and Chris Parmelee has been sharing time at first base.
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 41
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 42
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 57
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 56
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (123)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (105)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)