Jul 11, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
I love position players pitching and I think you do too, so here’s Rangers backup catcher Chris Gimenez tossing a scoreless, 1-2-3 inning against the Angels last night.
Oh, and he even struck out a pretty good hitter in C.J. Cron!
According to Pitch-F/X he topped out at 87.6 miles per hour and threw 11 fastballs out of 12 pitches, working in one changeup.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 77
- Monday’s White Sox/Orioles game postponed due to ongoing protests and violence in Baltimore 150
- Cardinals confirm Adam Wainwright is done for season with torn Achilles 20
- Source: Josh Hamilton rejected a trade to a National League team because he wanted to go back to Texas 51
- Deal done: Josh Hamilton traded to the Texas Rangers for cash considerations 56
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 356
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 60
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (356)
- Comment of the Day: do not underestimate the seriousness of the anti-DH crowd (199)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (163)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)