Jul 11, 2014, 10:47 AM EDT
I love position players pitching and I think you do too, so here’s Rangers backup catcher Chris Gimenez tossing a scoreless, 1-2-3 inning against the Angels last night.
Oh, and he even struck out a pretty good hitter in C.J. Cron!
According to Pitch-F/X he topped out at 87.6 miles per hour and threw 11 fastballs out of 12 pitches, working in one changeup.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 54
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 34
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 213
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 42
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (213)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)