Jul 11, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez has been activated from the 15-day disabled list in time for Friday night’s home game against the Twins. Gonzalez had a “foreign body” removed from his left index finger last month.
The finger issue bothered Gonzalez throughout the months of May and June, and you could see it in his numbers. The 28-year-old slashed an uncharacteristic .255/.307/.449 with eight home runs, 31 RBI, and only two stolen bases in 212 plate appearances.
Since Gonzalez has been on the disabled list, the Rockies have gone 11-24 (.314).
Announcement: Hardball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $35,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Friday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 10
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 115
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- This team. 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (117)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)