Jul 11, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez has been activated from the 15-day disabled list in time for Friday night’s home game against the Twins. Gonzalez had a “foreign body” removed from his left index finger last month.
The finger issue bothered Gonzalez throughout the months of May and June, and you could see it in his numbers. The 28-year-old slashed an uncharacteristic .255/.307/.449 with eight home runs, 31 RBI, and only two stolen bases in 212 plate appearances.
Since Gonzalez has been on the disabled list, the Rockies have gone 11-24 (.314).
Announcement: Hardball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $35,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Friday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 4
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 4
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 23
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 5
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- What’s in a name? “Big Game” James did not come up big for Kansas City 23
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (96)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)