Jul 11, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez has been activated from the 15-day disabled list in time for Friday night’s home game against the Twins. Gonzalez had a “foreign body” removed from his left index finger last month.
The finger issue bothered Gonzalez throughout the months of May and June, and you could see it in his numbers. The 28-year-old slashed an uncharacteristic .255/.307/.449 with eight home runs, 31 RBI, and only two stolen bases in 212 plate appearances.
Since Gonzalez has been on the disabled list, the Rockies have gone 11-24 (.314).
Announcement: Hardball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $35,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Friday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 30
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 84
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 85
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)