Jul 11, 2014, 6:55 PM EST
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez has been activated from the 15-day disabled list in time for Friday night’s home game against the Twins. Gonzalez had a “foreign body” removed from his left index finger last month.
The finger issue bothered Gonzalez throughout the months of May and June, and you could see it in his numbers. The 28-year-old slashed an uncharacteristic .255/.307/.449 with eight home runs, 31 RBI, and only two stolen bases in 212 plate appearances.
Since Gonzalez has been on the disabled list, the Rockies have gone 11-24 (.314).
Announcement: Hardball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $35,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Friday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 21
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 82
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 60
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 48
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (146)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (93)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (82)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)