Jul 11, 2014, 6:55 PM EDT
Troy Renck of the Denver Post reports that Rockies outfielder Carlos Gonzalez has been activated from the 15-day disabled list in time for Friday night’s home game against the Twins. Gonzalez had a “foreign body” removed from his left index finger last month.
The finger issue bothered Gonzalez throughout the months of May and June, and you could see it in his numbers. The 28-year-old slashed an uncharacteristic .255/.307/.449 with eight home runs, 31 RBI, and only two stolen bases in 212 plate appearances.
Since Gonzalez has been on the disabled list, the Rockies have gone 11-24 (.314).
Announcement: Hardball Talk’s partner FanDuel is hosting a one-day $35,000 Fantasy Baseball league for Friday night’s MLB games. It’s $25 to join and first prize is $6,000. Starts at 7:05pm ET on Friday. Here’s the FanDuel link.
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 22
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 83
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (83)