Jul 11, 2014, 6:05 PM EST
The Mets’ Single-A affiliate, which calls St. Lucie, Florida home, is trying to put those LeBron James Miami Heat jerseys — no longer wanted by a majority of fans given the superstar’s decision to return to Cleveland — to good use.
The St. Lucie Mets are willing to swap tickets to all remaining home games this season (25) for fans’ James jerseys. The Mets are also throwing in a cup and a t-shirt to sweeten the deal.
What are they going to do with all of those jerseys? They’ll donate them to Goodwill. Seems like a win-win all-around.
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 306
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 52
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (306)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (121)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)