Jul 11, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Mets’ Single-A affiliate, which calls St. Lucie, Florida home, is trying to put those LeBron James Miami Heat jerseys — no longer wanted by a majority of fans given the superstar’s decision to return to Cleveland — to good use.
The St. Lucie Mets are willing to swap tickets to all remaining home games this season (25) for fans’ James jerseys. The Mets are also throwing in a cup and a t-shirt to sweeten the deal.
What are they going to do with all of those jerseys? They’ll donate them to Goodwill. Seems like a win-win all-around.
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 10
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 184
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 30
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 40
- HBT Daily: Alex Gordon and the Royals keep on rolling 12
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 43
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (183)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (102)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)