Jul 11, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Mets’ Single-A affiliate, which calls St. Lucie, Florida home, is trying to put those LeBron James Miami Heat jerseys — no longer wanted by a majority of fans given the superstar’s decision to return to Cleveland — to good use.
The St. Lucie Mets are willing to swap tickets to all remaining home games this season (25) for fans’ James jerseys. The Mets are also throwing in a cup and a t-shirt to sweeten the deal.
What are they going to do with all of those jerseys? They’ll donate them to Goodwill. Seems like a win-win all-around.
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 17
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 25
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 105
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39
- Cliff Lee struggles in first start back from disabled list 15
- On the 10th anniversary of his MLB debut, let’s appreciate David Wright 29
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 36
- Odrisamer Despaigne loses his no-hitter with two outs in the eighth inning 8