Jul 11, 2014, 6:05 PM EDT
The Mets’ Single-A affiliate, which calls St. Lucie, Florida home, is trying to put those LeBron James Miami Heat jerseys — no longer wanted by a majority of fans given the superstar’s decision to return to Cleveland — to good use.
The St. Lucie Mets are willing to swap tickets to all remaining home games this season (25) for fans’ James jerseys. The Mets are also throwing in a cup and a t-shirt to sweeten the deal.
What are they going to do with all of those jerseys? They’ll donate them to Goodwill. Seems like a win-win all-around.
- Alex Rodriguez is the all-time AL RBI champion. Sorta. 67
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Cardinals GM John Mozeliak: Matt Adams out 3-4 months, possibly the year, with torn quad 58
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 29
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 51
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 19
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11