Jul 11, 2014, 10:32 AM EST
A woman was knocked unconscious during a fight between A’s and Giants fans outside AT&T Park following the A’s-Giants game yesterday afternoon. The fight took place on King Street, which is just outside the park. The woman was actually attempting to break up a fight between two men, but ended up being punched in the face and hit her head on the sidewalk. Her condition is unknown, but she was unresponsive when she was taken away in an ambulance.
Last fall a man was killed during a fight near AT&T Park following a Dodgers-Giants game. And, of course, Giants fan Bryan Stow was brutally beaten outside of Dodger Stadium following the Opening Day game in 2011.
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 48
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 35
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Justin Upton traded to the Padres for three prospects 79
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)