Jul 11, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
Francis, who has bounced around a ton over the past few years, was designated for assignment by Oakland after posting a 5.89 ERA in 18 innings.
At age 33 he hasn’t posted a sub-5.00 ERA since 2011 and dating back to 2008 he has a combined 5.22 ERA in 633 innings, but Francis can fill a rotation or bullpen role and the Yankees basically just needed a living, breathing veteran pitcher for a little while.
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 7
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 22
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 13
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 12
- Matt Williams on Bryce Harper’s ejection: “He needs to stay in the baseball game” 38
- UPDATE: C.J. Wilson needs elbow surgery and will likely miss the rest of the season 12
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 43
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game 186
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (187)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (112)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (90)