Jul 11, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
Francis, who has bounced around a ton over the past few years, was designated for assignment by Oakland after posting a 5.89 ERA in 18 innings.
At age 33 he hasn’t posted a sub-5.00 ERA since 2011 and dating back to 2008 he has a combined 5.22 ERA in 633 innings, but Francis can fill a rotation or bullpen role and the Yankees basically just needed a living, breathing veteran pitcher for a little while.
- The World Series ratings are low. So what? 60
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 3
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 69
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 35
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 38
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 9
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (122)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (109)
- The Royals asked a fan in Marlins gear to change his shirt last night. He refused. (86)