Jul 11, 2014, 1:48 PM EDT
Francis, who has bounced around a ton over the past few years, was designated for assignment by Oakland after posting a 5.89 ERA in 18 innings.
At age 33 he hasn’t posted a sub-5.00 ERA since 2011 and dating back to 2008 he has a combined 5.22 ERA in 633 innings, but Francis can fill a rotation or bullpen role and the Yankees basically just needed a living, breathing veteran pitcher for a little while.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 16
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 45
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 91
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)