Jul 12, 2014, 4:29 PM EDT
White Sox shortstop Alexei Ramirez was forced to exit this afternoon’s game against the Indians in the top of the fourth inning due to back stiffness.
Ramirez left the game after he drew a walk and was replaced by pinch-runner Moises Sierra. He’s considered day-to-day according to the team’s official Twitter account, so it doesn’t sound like something that will necessarily take him out of the mix for next week’s All-Star Game. He’s a first-time All-Star this year.
Ramirez has faded a bit since a red-hot start to the season, but he’s still batting .282/.318/.400 with eight home runs, 41 RBI, and 15 stolen bases over 95 games.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (86)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)