Jul 12, 2014, 10:53 AM EDT
David Price has been scratched from his scheduled start this afternoon against the Blue Jays. Don’t worry Rays fans, he hasn’t been traded. At least not yet. However, Matt Baker of the Tampa Bay Times reports that the decision was made after he became ill last night and had to leave Tropicana Field.
Jake Odorizzi will move up in the rotation to start this afternoon. The hope is that Price will feel well enough to pitch tomorrow. However, if he does, he likely wouldn’t be able to pitch in the All-Star Game. Price is Tampa Bay’s lone representative for the Midsummer Classic.
Price, 28, owns a 3.42 ERA and 159/19 K/BB ratio over 139 2/3 innings. He has eight straight starts of at least seven innings and three earned runs or fewer allowed.
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 25
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 72
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 67
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 99
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 7
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (99)
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (91)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)