Jul 12, 2014, 10:53 AM EDT
David Price has been scratched from his scheduled start this afternoon against the Blue Jays. Don’t worry Rays fans, he hasn’t been traded. At least not yet. However, Matt Baker of the Tampa Bay Times reports that the decision was made after he became ill last night and had to leave Tropicana Field.
Jake Odorizzi will move up in the rotation to start this afternoon. The hope is that Price will feel well enough to pitch tomorrow. However, if he does, he likely wouldn’t be able to pitch in the All-Star Game. Price is Tampa Bay’s lone representative for the Midsummer Classic.
Price, 28, owns a 3.42 ERA and 159/19 K/BB ratio over 139 2/3 innings. He has eight straight starts of at least seven innings and three earned runs or fewer allowed.
- Yordano Ventura ejected for hitting Brett Lawrie with a pitch 8
- Pete Rose joins FOX as a baseball analyst 17
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 55
- Josh Hamilton’s teammates say he’s in great shape and ready to play 28
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 26
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 46
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 48
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 28
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)