Jul 12, 2014, 10:53 AM EDT
David Price has been scratched from his scheduled start this afternoon against the Blue Jays. Don’t worry Rays fans, he hasn’t been traded. At least not yet. However, Matt Baker of the Tampa Bay Times reports that the decision was made after he became ill last night and had to leave Tropicana Field.
Jake Odorizzi will move up in the rotation to start this afternoon. The hope is that Price will feel well enough to pitch tomorrow. However, if he does, he likely wouldn’t be able to pitch in the All-Star Game. Price is Tampa Bay’s lone representative for the Midsummer Classic.
Price, 28, owns a 3.42 ERA and 159/19 K/BB ratio over 139 2/3 innings. He has eight straight starts of at least seven innings and three earned runs or fewer allowed.
- MLB to test new pace-of-play rules in the Arizona Fall League — including a pitch clock 23
- Playoff Reset: The National League Wild Card Game 12
- Video: Salvador Perez walks off Royals in Wild Card Game 3
- Small ball prevails … in a 9-8 game 24
- Royals complete thrilling comeback to defeat A’s in the American League Wild Card Game 64
- Josh Hamilton declares himself ready for the ALDS 3
- Wild Card Game: A’s vs. Royals lineups 14
- Pouliot’s 2014 National League awards picks 25
- Hunter Pence dropped a bunch of F-bombs in his postgame speech. Good. (116)
- Barry Bonds discovered to be “glassing” — it’s just as bad as you think (90)
- Derek Jeter’s final game in Yankee Stadium could be cancelled because of rain (85)
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights (85)
- Previewing the 2014 Playoffs (80)