Jul 12, 2014, 10:53 AM EDT
David Price has been scratched from his scheduled start this afternoon against the Blue Jays. Don’t worry Rays fans, he hasn’t been traded. At least not yet. However, Matt Baker of the Tampa Bay Times reports that the decision was made after he became ill last night and had to leave Tropicana Field.
Jake Odorizzi will move up in the rotation to start this afternoon. The hope is that Price will feel well enough to pitch tomorrow. However, if he does, he likely wouldn’t be able to pitch in the All-Star Game. Price is Tampa Bay’s lone representative for the Midsummer Classic.
Price, 28, owns a 3.42 ERA and 159/19 K/BB ratio over 139 2/3 innings. He has eight straight starts of at least seven innings and three earned runs or fewer allowed.
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 69
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 88
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (87)