Jul 12, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Dexter Fowler hopes to rejoin the Astros in Chicago on Friday, when they take on the White Sox in their return from the All-Star break, MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart reports. Fowler has been out since June 27 with a strained right intercostal. He was eligible to return from the disabled list tonight, but the Astros would prefer to play it safe and give their outfielder an extra week.
Fowler, 28, has had a decent first season with the Astros after coming over in a trade with the Rockies in December. In 334 plate appearances, he has posted a .270/.377/.396 slash line with six home runs, 24 RBI, and six stolen bases.
- John Hart to be named Braves President of Baseball Operations 2
- No, Ned Yost didn’t “out-manage” Bruce Bochy. His players played better 46
- At least Hunter Strickland entertained us last night 25
- Royals even up World Series with 7-2 Game 2 victory 37
- Craig Kimbrel wins Trevor Hoffman Award; Greg Holland gets Mariano Rivera Award 7
- World Series, Game 2: Giants vs. Royals lineups 10
- HBT Daily: Are the Royals doomed, doomed, doomed? 11
- Giants inhaling the air of superiority after Game 1 7
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (129)
- Erroneous Narrative Alert: no, the Giants are not a “gritty,” anti-stats organization (121)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (112)
- PANTY RAID! Homeland Security agents confiscate unlicensed Kansas City Royals underwear (103)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)