Jul 12, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Dexter Fowler hopes to rejoin the Astros in Chicago on Friday, when they take on the White Sox in their return from the All-Star break, MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart reports. Fowler has been out since June 27 with a strained right intercostal. He was eligible to return from the disabled list tonight, but the Astros would prefer to play it safe and give their outfielder an extra week.
Fowler, 28, has had a decent first season with the Astros after coming over in a trade with the Rockies in December. In 334 plate appearances, he has posted a .270/.377/.396 slash line with six home runs, 24 RBI, and six stolen bases.
- Cubs to acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 16
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 31
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 74
- Jake Arrieta no-hits the Dodgers with 12 strikeouts 32
- Blue Jays will name Mark Shapiro as the new team president 31
- Lance Lynn expects to make next scheduled start despite suffering ankle injury Saturday 2
- Cubs expected to call up Javier Baez on September 1 6
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 13
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (201)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (124)