Jul 12, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Dexter Fowler hopes to rejoin the Astros in Chicago on Friday, when they take on the White Sox in their return from the All-Star break, MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart reports. Fowler has been out since June 27 with a strained right intercostal. He was eligible to return from the disabled list tonight, but the Astros would prefer to play it safe and give their outfielder an extra week.
Fowler, 28, has had a decent first season with the Astros after coming over in a trade with the Rockies in December. In 334 plate appearances, he has posted a .270/.377/.396 slash line with six home runs, 24 RBI, and six stolen bases.
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 1
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 0
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 5
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 54
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Jose Altuve breaks Craig Biggio’s franchise record, tallying his 211th hit of the season 12
- Orioles beat Blue Jays to clinch AL East title 38
- Tanner Roark dominates as Nationals clinch NL East 22
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)