Jul 12, 2014, 8:15 PM EDT
Dexter Fowler hopes to rejoin the Astros in Chicago on Friday, when they take on the White Sox in their return from the All-Star break, MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart reports. Fowler has been out since June 27 with a strained right intercostal. He was eligible to return from the disabled list tonight, but the Astros would prefer to play it safe and give their outfielder an extra week.
Fowler, 28, has had a decent first season with the Astros after coming over in a trade with the Rockies in December. In 334 plate appearances, he has posted a .270/.377/.396 slash line with six home runs, 24 RBI, and six stolen bases.
- Dodgers acquire Mat Latos and Michael Morse from Marlins 30
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 38
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 31
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 51
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 65
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 76
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)