Jul 12, 2014, 8:15 PM EST
Dexter Fowler hopes to rejoin the Astros in Chicago on Friday, when they take on the White Sox in their return from the All-Star break, MLB.com’s Brian McTaggart reports. Fowler has been out since June 27 with a strained right intercostal. He was eligible to return from the disabled list tonight, but the Astros would prefer to play it safe and give their outfielder an extra week.
Fowler, 28, has had a decent first season with the Astros after coming over in a trade with the Rockies in December. In 334 plate appearances, he has posted a .270/.377/.396 slash line with six home runs, 24 RBI, and six stolen bases.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)