Jul 12, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register reports that the Indians have acquired pitcher Nick Maronde from the Angels for cash considerations. To make room for him on the roster, the Indians moved Jason Giambi to the 60-day disabled list, per Paul Hoynes of the Plain Dealer.
Maronde, 24, was designated for assignment by the Indians on July 10. He had been up and down between the majors and minors with the Angels, appearing in 12 games at the big league level with a 12.79 ERA over 6 1/3 innings. The lefty has showed subpar control over his career, but does have the ability to miss bats, which will get him at least a few more opportunities to prove himself.
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 0
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 75
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 11
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 46
- 2015 Preview: New York Yankees 63
- 2015 Preview: Cleveland Indians 10
- Dodgers sign Cuban star Hector Olivera for $62.5 million 55
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Joe West ejects A.J. Pierzynski by calmly telling the Braves’ dugout “you need a new catcher.” (97)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (87)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (75)