Jul 12, 2014, 11:00 PM EST
Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register reports that the Indians have acquired pitcher Nick Maronde from the Angels for cash considerations. To make room for him on the roster, the Indians moved Jason Giambi to the 60-day disabled list, per Paul Hoynes of the Plain Dealer.
Maronde, 24, was designated for assignment by the Indians on July 10. He had been up and down between the majors and minors with the Angels, appearing in 12 games at the big league level with a 12.79 ERA over 6 1/3 innings. The lefty has showed subpar control over his career, but does have the ability to miss bats, which will get him at least a few more opportunities to prove himself.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 42
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 37
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 166
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (166)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)