Jul 12, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register reports that the Indians have acquired pitcher Nick Maronde from the Angels for cash considerations. To make room for him on the roster, the Indians moved Jason Giambi to the 60-day disabled list, per Paul Hoynes of the Plain Dealer.
Maronde, 24, was designated for assignment by the Indians on July 10. He had been up and down between the majors and minors with the Angels, appearing in 12 games at the big league level with a 12.79 ERA over 6 1/3 innings. The lefty has showed subpar control over his career, but does have the ability to miss bats, which will get him at least a few more opportunities to prove himself.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 19
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 35
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 10
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Cuban slugger Yasmani Tomas to command $100 million? 30
- Bruce and Brett Bochy make MLB history 33
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 17
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (87)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)