Jul 12, 2014, 11:00 PM EDT
Jeff Fletcher of the Orange County Register reports that the Indians have acquired pitcher Nick Maronde from the Angels for cash considerations. To make room for him on the roster, the Indians moved Jason Giambi to the 60-day disabled list, per Paul Hoynes of the Plain Dealer.
Maronde, 24, was designated for assignment by the Indians on July 10. He had been up and down between the majors and minors with the Angels, appearing in 12 games at the big league level with a 12.79 ERA over 6 1/3 innings. The lefty has showed subpar control over his career, but does have the ability to miss bats, which will get him at least a few more opportunities to prove himself.
- Bryce Harper leads in the first round of National League All-Star voting 22
- Buster Olney: The Marlins should hire A-Rod to be their next manager 39
- Breaking down the Braves-Dodgers trade 15
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 34
- So that Juan Uribe trade to the Braves is back on … 11
- Ruben Amaro apologizes for comments about fans, admits he may have been late on rebuild 24
- Jonathan Lucroy expected to rejoin the Brewers on Monday 0
- More drama in Miami: Marlins demote third base coach Brett Butler after “confusion” over signs 35
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)